Sand filter valve problems

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
pepsidude27954
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 2o ft x 48 inch xtr ultra frame intex pool

Sand filter valve problems

Postby pepsidude27954 » Fri 10 Jun, 2022 17:26

Hello, I have a old sta rite sand filter model number t210wf. It uses a multi port valve assembly with part number wc112-147. When I went to assemble it for the summer, I noticed that the opening on the bottom of the head( the hole that accepts the vertical tube coming up from the sand filter) has cracked and fallen off of the head. I will try to enclose pictures. I M wondering if it is possible to continue to use the valve head if I could figure out a way to maybe extend the tube a little higher so that it can actually make contact with the filter head??or do I just need to buy a new valve assembly? If so, what are your recommendations for a valve that will work with this filter.
Or do I just need to but a hole new filter?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Sand filter valve problems

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 11 Jun, 2022 01:08

I would buy a new valve, trying to repair and get a reliable seal could tricky and only temporary. Seen a whole load of sand deposited in a pool. You should be able to find one but if not a new filter and preferably a side mount valve, so many more options should something require fixing. Obviously some pipework mods would be required.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
pepsidude27954
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 2o ft x 48 inch xtr ultra frame intex pool

Re: Sand filter valve problems

Postby pepsidude27954 » Sat 11 Jun, 2022 11:03

I appreciate any advice. Thank you for replying.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”