New Pool? Rust?

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.

New Pool? Rust?

Postby Guest » Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:56

We have an AG Pool that has been up for a couple of months. It looks like a few of the screws on the skimmer box are starting to corrode/rust. Is this normal?

accessories4pools

Re: New Pool? Rust?

Postby accessories4pools » Sun 19 Aug, 2007 20:34

Anonymous wrote:We have an AG Pool that has been up for a couple of months. It looks like a few of the screws on the skimmer box are starting to corrode/rust. Is this normal?

No that is not normal. The screws must be cheap screws. Count the number of screws that you have in the skimmer box. Remove one of the top screws and take it to the local hardware store and have them replace them with stainless steel. This should help with your problems.
briankendrick
I'm new here
I'm new here

New Automatic Pool Cleaner...

Postby briankendrick » Sat 15 Sep, 2007 04:32

I have something called the Dolphin which I purchased from aquabot last month.. If you're putting the right chemicals in your pool and use this its awesome all you have to do is plug it in flip the switch and drop in the pool. In the morning you can just take it and clean it. It's really simple, my ten yr. old son does it.. lol
pool doctor

Postby pool doctor » Wed 26 Sep, 2007 14:32

Stainless steel holds up best, but it will corrode too if you alkalinity and ph are not kept in their proper perimeters. check your levels and bring them up if they are low.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”