Green Algae in pool

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
HELP !!!

Green Algae in pool

Postby HELP !!! » Wed 18 Jul, 2007 14:23

i have an 18' x 33' above ground pool. Its covered with algae on the floor and floating around. I shocked it with 10lbs of shock then added 1/2 bottle of algacide, this was a week ago, but nothing happened. Did the same proceedure last night, it gets a little clearer but how do i get rid of all that algae floating around and on the bottom. when i try vacuuming it up it just stirs it all around! Im lost here.. :shock:

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 08:35

Using your test kit, please post a full set of numbers so we can see where you are at.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
elle67005
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Green Algae in pool

Postby elle67005 » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 18:34

HELP !!! wrote:i have an 18' x 33' above ground pool. Its covered with algae on the floor and floating around. I shocked it with 10lbs of shock then added 1/2 bottle of algacide, this was a week ago, but nothing happened. Did the same proceedure last night, it gets a little clearer but how do i get rid of all that algae floating around and on the bottom. when i try vacuuming it up it just stirs it all around! Im lost here.. :shock:

I have had the same problem. Lots of rain for the past 2 months and the algae went crazy. I finally got mad and emptied the pool today. Now my problem is I have green slime with grey particle dust on the floor and sides of the pool liner. Any suggestions on how to get it all off? I have been reading other post and think that prevention is the key to a healthy pool. My pool is about 7,000 gal. Any help would be apperciated! Thank you!
tinvest

Green Algae in pool

Postby tinvest » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 15:11

Drain it , wash the bottom and sides with diluted clorox , you are out $ 25 for the 6000 gal of water and good to go in less thatn 48 hours .

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”