Water Returns and liner scale

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
daokie

Water Returns and liner scale

Postby daokie » Sun 22 Jul, 2007 17:19

I am a relative new pool owner and have two questions.

1. Is there a specific angle that is best for the to aim the water return nozzles? I have a Barracuda cleaner will that angle effect it's performance?

2. My pool has a liner that is about 5 years old. Because I opened my pool way later than I should have the liner has has brown scale in several places. I can't seem to get it off. What, if anything, can I do about the scale?

Thanks fro Oklahoma.

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Water Returns and liner scale

Postby Backglass » Sun 22 Jul, 2007 20:19

daokie wrote:I am a relative new pool owner and have two questions.

1. Is there a specific angle that is best for the to aim the water return nozzles? I have a Barracuda cleaner will that angle effect it's performance?

This depends on your particular pool. The best angle is the one which circulates the water the best. You want to "mix it up" as well as possible.

daokie wrote:2. My pool has a liner that is about 5 years old. Because I opened my pool way later than I should have the liner has has brown scale in several places. I can't seem to get it off. What, if anything, can I do about the scale?

When you say "scale" do you mean you can feel a buildup of something on the liner, or is it just stained?
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
Daokie

Scale on pool limer

Postby Daokie » Sun 29 Jul, 2007 16:01

The scale I'm talking about is really a rusty looking stain that caused because I was not able to open my pool before I had algae and it was there for a few weeks. The water looks and tests great but the liner has these stains that I can't get off with a brush. Is there a chemical tha would help?

Thanks,
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Scale on pool limer

Postby Backglass » Mon 30 Jul, 2007 09:22

Daokie wrote:The scale I'm talking about is really a rusty looking stain that caused because I was not able to open my pool before I had algae and it was there for a few weeks. The water looks and tests great but the liner has these stains that I can't get off with a brush. Is there a chemical tha would help?

Thanks,

Get out your goggles and hold a Vitamin C tablet on the stain. If it goes away, it's metal (iron/copper) and there are treatments to help. If it doesn't, try holding a chlorine puck against the stain. If it works, it's organic and a good shocking would help.
===============================

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”