Hayward pump problem, need advice

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
pmulskip
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Hayward pump problem, need advice

Postby pmulskip » Mon 23 Jul, 2007 13:01

hi i have a 1 hp max flo self priming pump. model sp2807x1. The pump is running, however, the water isn't flowing or circulating. there is no pressure. nothing is going thru the skimmer. I think it may be the propeller but being a newbie to pump repair i don't want to jump into tearing the pump apart before checking with some older and wiser pool experts. What could cause this problem??? The lines aren't clogged, ive checked them. Hope someone can advise. thank you for this helpful forum. peg

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 23 Jul, 2007 14:52

Is this a new pump, or one that has worked fine previously?

You say you are sure the lines aren't clogged....how did you test? If you remove your filter basket cover does water gush out? When you turn on the pump, what happens to the water in the basket?
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
pmulskip
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

pool pump

Postby pmulskip » Tue 24 Jul, 2007 19:17

its 4 years old. Its run fine till this year. However, it is exposed to intense texas heat. And it works hard as there are oak trees all over central texas. my pool is 16 x 32 x 5. Thanks for any help/advice you can share. peg

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”