BestWay 16x32 - Filter/Pump/Plumbing Upgrade ???

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Jeepguy25
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Bestway 16x32 AGP

BestWay 16x32 - Filter/Pump/Plumbing Upgrade ???

Postby Jeepguy25 » Mon 05 Jun, 2023 20:16

Hi all,

Im a few days away from setting up our 16x32 Bestway rectangular above ground pool. It came with a sand filter, but Im 99% sure it wont be efficient...if it even keeps up. The pool is 14,000 gallons, and Ide like to be at a point where I can run a skimmer, and only run the pump for 2 cycles.

Does anyone have a similar set up? Any suggestions for what size filter and pump...better yet...actual part/model suggestions? I read a few pages on how to size things, but still a little lost. Also...not sure how to convert the hoses and fittings. Pretty sure the pool has those slip on fittings, which I hate. Ide love to swap to fittings with valves, and hard plumb as much as I can. But Ide appreciate any feedback on equipment alone at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: BestWay 16x32 - Filter/Pump/Plumbing Upgrade ???

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 06 Jun, 2023 05:05

Why only two cycles?
Min 24" filter and a variable speed pump. What dia is the plumbing?
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Jeepguy25
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Bestway 16x32 AGP

Postby Jeepguy25 » Tue 06 Jun, 2023 17:30

Not set in 2 cycles! I'm open to suggestions. Growing up we had a 24' round AGP and we ran that sucker all day haha.

Plumbing size is whatever I would need to run with the pump and filter. The pool connections arent huge. It has two suction and one discharge. Ide like to run a surface skimmer, or a through wall skimmer if I can.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 07 Jun, 2023 08:14

Yes definitely connect a skimmer if you can, the holes in the wall do very very little, dirt enters from the surface so thats the best place to remove it before it sinks. Two returns for each skimmer minimum.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”