Best test kit? and where to buy

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
wampa
I'm new here
I'm new here

Best test kit? and where to buy

Postby wampa » Sat 28 Jul, 2007 03:52

First off Hello guys!! Iam a Complete Noob!!

I live over the Pond in Not so sunny england/South coast, had no sun for about 8 weeks now but lots of rain... so depressing :cry: :cry:

But it does seem to be getting better woke up this morning and sun.

Now my problem.

We dont have Pool stores over here, I would like to buy a Proper testing Kit. So the internet is the only way. but all i can seem to buy over here is Test strips. (which are next to useless) Colours never match what it says on the bottle.

anyone know an internet site I could buy from?

Its only been up 2 weeks and the Water looks fine Been using Clear water chemicals Think my pH is Up so used PH Minus And been putting about a table spoon of chlorine in aday.

Live in a very Hardwater area (chalk pits near us)

Pool I have is Intex 12feet x30inches with pump and 3kw intex heater.Solar Cover, Pool temp 30 degrees C ambient temp 14 at night 21 during the day

ANy help would be great, Sorry if this has been asked like 100 times.

The only kits I could find are here, But there is so many! Which one.

www dot swimmingpoolchemicals.co.uk/index.php?cPath=38_39

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Best test kit? and where to buy

Postby Backglass » Sat 28 Jul, 2007 08:53

wampa wrote:First off Hello guys!! Iam a Complete Noob!!

I live over the Pond in Not so sunny england/South coast, had no sun for about 8 weeks now but lots of rain... so depressing :cry: :cry:

But it does seem to be getting better woke up this morning and sun.

Now my problem.

We dont have Pool stores over here, I would like to buy a Proper testing Kit. So the internet is the only way. but all i can seem to buy over here is Test strips. (which are next to useless) Colours never match what it says on the bottle.

anyone know an internet site I could buy from?

Its only been up 2 weeks and the Water looks fine Been using Clear water chemicals Think my pH is Up so used PH Minus And been putting about a table spoon of chlorine in aday.

Live in a very Hardwater area (chalk pits near us)

Pool I have is Intex 12feet x30inches with pump and 3kw intex heater.Solar Cover, Pool temp 30 degrees C ambient temp 14 at night 21 during the day

ANy help would be great, Sorry if this has been asked like 100 times.

The only kits I could find are here, But there is so many! Which one.

www dot swimmingpoolchemicals.co.uk/index.php?cPath=38_39

It's too bad that Taylor kits don't seem to be available in the UK. If you are limited to the kits at that store, only the Lamotte PM 51 does all the tests including CYA.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”