Cloudy water - HELP - what is floc??

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
sdavis250
I'm new here
I'm new here

Cloudy water - HELP - what is floc??

Postby sdavis250 » Tue 31 Jul, 2007 19:17

can't clear up cloudy water, have above ground Intex pool with blow up ring. Nothing has helped, algae treatment, shock, clarifier!!! what is floc???

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Tue 31 Jul, 2007 21:14

Using your test kit, please post a full set of number so we can see where your water is at. Otherwise we would just be guessing.

Floc is a coagulant that bind tiny particles together so that they can be vacuumed and filtered. It doesn't work on live algae or anything...it's for the final "polish" of your water when things are 99% there.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
Sally

Cloudy Pool Water

Postby Sally » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 11:32

I have the same kind of pool a 16x31/2 ft. My water got cloudy just all of a sudden after about 6weeks of nice water. I just got ph minus because that was high. I am trying everything !!
Anne

floc in Intex pool

Postby Anne » Sun 05 Aug, 2007 21:33

I used floc and all the fine particles are at the bottom of the pool and the water is clear......until i try to vacuum it with the vacuum that came with the pool (the one that attaches to a garden hose). the waterthen turns cloudy because all the particles get stirred up. How do I vacuum or clean the pool to get all the junk out of the pool. When we had an inground pool, we could just vacuum it on waste. too bad that is not an option. what do I do?

Re: floc in Intex pool

Postby Guest » Sun 05 Aug, 2007 22:49

Anne wrote:I used floc and all the fine particles are at the bottom of the pool and the water is clear......until i try to vacuum it with the vacuum that came with the pool (the one that attaches to a garden hose). the waterthen turns cloudy because all the particles get stirred up. How do I vacuum or clean the pool to get all the junk out of the pool. When we had an inground pool, we could just vacuum it on waste. too bad that is not an option. what do I do?

when you vaccum , do it very very slowly the faster you push the vacuum head across the bottom on the pool the more you will stir up I learned this the hard way hope this works for you
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: floc in Intex pool

Postby Backglass » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 14:59

Anne wrote:I used floc and all the fine particles are at the bottom of the pool and the water is clear......until i try to vacuum it with the vacuum that came with the pool (the one that attaches to a garden hose). the waterthen turns cloudy because all the particles get stirred up. How do I vacuum or clean the pool to get all the junk out of the pool. When we had an inground pool, we could just vacuum it on waste. too bad that is not an option. what do I do?

You CANNOT use a cheap venturi (garden hose) type vacuum to suck up floc. It is much too fine. You have to a real pool vacuum (a hose than connects directly to the skimmer) and a filter that has a WASTE setting, otherwise you will never get it out.

You could try a simple siphon with a garden hose to remove the settled floc to the yard. Just move reeeeeeaaallllly slow.

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Postby guest » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 18:34

unfortuatly the intex pools do not come with a vacuum that hooks up to a skimmer maybe you could give advice on something else that might work
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 19:13

guest wrote:unfortuatly the intex pools do not come with a vacuum that hooks up to a skimmer maybe you could give advice on something else that might work

The only thing I can think of would be a conventional pool vacuum on a pole, a 1-1/2 pool vacuum hose and siphon it into the yard. Move the vacuum slowly and suck up all the "snowballs" from the floc.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”