Still cloudy!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
irishsph

Still cloudy!

Postby irishsph » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 14:43

My pool is still cloudy blue, after dumping a bunch of liquid chlorine into it last week to kill off algae.
I've already gone thru an entire bottle of clarifier and it is still cloudy.

I backwashed my pool for at least 10 minutes each of the last two nights, then ran the filter.

does anyone have any other suggestions what I could do?
admittedly I have NOT vacuumed it because in my limited reasoning I figured if the filter wasn't going to clean the particles out, what good would vacuuming do?

if I need to vacuum, do I vacuum to waste?

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 21:23

If your pool is blue but cloudy, you are 1/2 of the way home.

Continue to keep your chlorine levels high, vacuum up any visible waste and run your filter 24/7. Remember you have a LOT of water in there and it takes time to filter it all.

Your in the home stretch now...
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Postby Guest » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 20:12

I was told at the pool store that you must follow the directions on the clarifier to the t,otherwise it will have the exact oposite result,that being said,i have done exactly that and have never had any luck with clarifiers,I dont even bother with them anymore.IMO,they are worthless.I have had the same problem you are describing.Algae,bleach,brushing and vacuming.After about two days of bleach the pool was 50x better but still blueish green.Three more days of bleach,water is blue,more vacuming and brushing.It was only today that my water was clear,the whole process took about 8 days.I am sorry to say that as far as the cloudy ,probably nothing you can do but wait.I did put about two cups of de into my sand filter lastnight and when I woke up today ,CLEAR!!!!!YAY!!I'm not sure if thats what did it or not,but it couldnt hurt tp try.
irishsph

Postby irishsph » Tue 07 Aug, 2007 12:55

UPDATE: My pool is clear and I can actually see the bottom.
Thanks for all your help!
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Tue 07 Aug, 2007 14:48

irishsph wrote:UPDATE: My pool is clear and I can actually see the bottom.
Thanks for all your help!

Woohoo! NOW...stay on top of it, don't let your chlorine drop below 3ppm and like your dentist says, brush often. Just 5 minutes a day! :)

Anonymous wrote:i have done exactly that and have never had any luck with clarifiers,I dont even bother with them anymore.IMO,they are worthless.

Agreed. I saw a quote from someone once that said "With a Clarifier your pool will clear in seven days. Without them, it will take a week." :lol:
===============================

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”