Purge the chlorinator?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
hoffslim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Purge the chlorinator?

Postby hoffslim » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 13:25

i run a country club pool and we use a peristaltic pump to pump liquid chlorine from an outside vat to the mail water line. every so often the tube coming from the chlorine vat to the pump gets air bubbles and ends up not delivering any chlorine to our pool. my question is, how is this problem remedied? usually we would have someone from the outside come in and fix it but i need to know how. any info would be greatly appreciated.

nochlo69

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Purge the chlorinator?

Postby Backglass » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 15:22

hoffslim wrote:i run a country club pool and we use a peristaltic pump to pump liquid chlorine from an outside vat to the mail water line. every so often the tube coming from the chlorine vat to the pump gets air bubbles and ends up not delivering any chlorine to our pool. my question is, how is this problem remedied? usually we would have someone from the outside come in and fix it but i need to know how. any info would be greatly appreciated.

nochlo69

A peristaltic pump is just a rotary pump that compresses the hose to move liquid without touching it. If the line gets air in it, it's simply a mater of refilling the vat and running the pump manually until the lines are full of chlorine.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”