ph fluctuations

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.

ph fluctuations

Postby Guest » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 20:25

I have been having trouble all year with my ph fluctuating wildly,at opening it was constantly high,now is almost always low.I use balance pak just as directed by the pool store,didnt help.Went back to th epool store and tried it again,still no luck.They just keep telling me to add more balance pak and i'm starting to wonder if its not working whats the point of adding more and more,Is there something i can do to maintain the ph once its where it needs to be?What are the problems associated with low ph?

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: ph fluctuations

Postby Backglass » Fri 03 Aug, 2007 09:05

Anonymous wrote:I have been having trouble all year with my ph fluctuating wildly,at opening it was constantly high,now is almost always low.I use balance pak just as directed by the pool store,didnt help.Went back to th epool store and tried it again,still no luck.They just keep telling me to add more balance pak and i'm starting to wonder if its not working whats the point of adding more and more,Is there something i can do to maintain the ph once its where it needs to be?What are the problems associated with low ph?

What is your TA (Total Alkalinity)? If it is not in range your ph can bounce all over the place.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Postby Guest » Sun 05 Aug, 2007 22:52

how do you control the alkalinity? mine gets high but I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do to get it to the ideal range

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”