Larvae or bug?

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Princesspedicure
I'm new here
I'm new here

Larvae or bug?

Postby Princesspedicure » Sun 05 Aug, 2007 12:25

The last few days I've been finding a greyish pile in the center of my pool when the filter shuts off and the water settles down. At first I thought it was DE returning to the pool, but I tried to scoop some of it out and when I looked at it I could see tiny bugs or larvae of some sort. They are white and are shaped like grains of rice but very, very small. I backwashed the filter two days ago, used algaecide, shocked it twice and the chlorine level is fine.

The water is crystal clear and there is no algae. I've had a pool for 15 years and I've never had this problem. Any idea what it could be? I live in Chicago.

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 14:33

Any trees nearby?
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Postby Guest » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 14:43

Yes. I have two big maple trees. Strange though--I've never had this problem before.
Janie734

Larvae or bug?

Postby Janie734 » Thu 21 Jul, 2011 15:13

Did you ever get an answer? How was the problem solved. I'm having this issue. Pool was fine and clear yesterday. Today... Thousands of these larvae!
cpo2go
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 27,000 gal, pebble tec, all Pentair equipment; DE filter, 3/4 hp, 400k heater, Poolvergnuegen 4x Pool Cleaner

Larvae or bug?

Postby cpo2go » Mon 25 Jul, 2011 14:42

Anything large enough to see with the naked eye should be removed by the filter. This doesn't answer your question of where they are coming from or what they are but, if your chemistry is right and the filtration system is working properly, anything that's in your pool, like this, should be getting removed by the filter.
http://www.cpo2go.com
Pool and Spa Water Care Simplified.
Easy to use, fast results.
patti5676

Larvae or bug?

Postby patti5676 » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 18:30

me too i also found just today the same kind of larvae rice grain shape and whiteish color what the -------- is that doing in my pool. shocking wond kill where are they comming from :?: :mrgreen: :x
patti5676

Larvae or bug?

Postby patti5676 » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 18:37

patti5676 wrote:me too i also found just today the same kind of larvae rice grain shape and whiteish color what the -------- is that doing in my pool. shocking wond kill where are they comming from :?: :mrgreen: :x

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”