stains in pool

Total hardness and calcium hardness in pool water.
Scale, calcium buildup, hard water and scaling problems.
Nilmeier

stains in pool

Postby Nilmeier » Tue 07 Aug, 2007 12:33

We have had issues w/our 2 yr old pool from the onset of being built...we started noticing what looked like scale surfacing throughout the entire pool...however, the entire areas are completely smooth, not rough...our PH has always been balance correctly, but this quartz plaster finish is a mess...we've tried acid in areas (as did the pool builder company) it didn't even touch it...the pool builder will not stand behind their work...they say it is scale....any suggestions?

mgw

stains in pool plaster

Postby mgw » Mon 08 Oct, 2007 21:01

my plaster guy told me that some staining is in the plaster if your chemicals have been not balanced right, eating into the plaster and permantly staining dark or blackish, or even moisture getting into plaster...giving it a mottling look in large areas, maybe all over, easier seen in the shade. Sunlight, brightness hides the stains.
I had my pool gutted this summer, new plaster, tiles and deck. They came back this week and drained, acid washed etc. Got rid of scale, which was brownish looking, but the darker/black stains, really not that noticeable unless you look hard. Might even be the curing process since its new. Cement takes up to 6 mos. to totally cure. Juat a thought........
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Mon 08 Oct, 2007 21:47

need more info, what are your chemical readings? is it a salt pool? when did scaling start? whats the scale look like?
epaulette
I'm new here
I'm new here

Having the same issue withg my 1 1/2 year old pool

Postby epaulette » Thu 11 Oct, 2007 15:04

SO the pool builder says i have tremendous calcium and scale build-up and mottling. My pool is brown in some areas of the shallow end and black and gray all over the deep end. It looks terrible and i payed a lot for this ppol. The contractor basically said it is my fault b/c of chemicals and they cannot do anything for me. I've though about taking them to Small Claims Court, but don't know if i have chance to win. I just want my pool re-plastered. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Return to “Hard Pool Water & Scale”