25lbs. of bromine every 3 weeks.....

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
ltrain6666

25lbs. of bromine every 3 weeks.....

Postby ltrain6666 » Wed 08 Aug, 2007 00:11

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE USES AS MUCH BROMINE AS I DO????? I HAVE APPROX. 25,000 GAL POOL & I GO THROUGH 25LBS. OF BROMINE EVERY 3 WEEKS. SHOCK EVERY SUNDAY. MY BROMINATOR IS ALSO SET ON 1, THE LOWEST SETTING. POOL IS ALSO 2 1/2 YEARS OLD. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.....

Postby Guest » Mon 13 Aug, 2007 19:38

test
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 13 Aug, 2007 20:50

Is this an indoor or outdoor pool?

Bromine is an excellent (but expen$ive) indoor sanitizer, but is not suggested for outdoor pool because it RAPIDLY degrades in sunlight. CYA doesn't help like it does chlorine.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
POOL PROBLEM

BROMINE

Postby POOL PROBLEM » Fri 17 Aug, 2007 16:38

OUTDOOR IN-GROUND POOL. A FRIEND OF MINE HAS SAME SIZE AND HIS IS OUTSIDE TOO. HE HAS ONLY GONE THROUGH 50LBS. THIS WHOLE SUMMER.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: BROMINE

Postby Backglass » Sat 18 Aug, 2007 09:55

POOL PROBLEM wrote:OUTDOOR IN-GROUND POOL. A FRIEND OF MINE HAS SAME SIZE AND HIS IS OUTSIDE TOO. HE HAS ONLY GONE THROUGH 50LBS. THIS WHOLE SUMMER.

ONLY 50lbs in one season?! That's a lot of Bromine. You would use one half to one third of that with chlorine and proper CYA levels. (and a lot less money).
===============================

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
fatybabe
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby fatybabe » Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:09

You might want to consider including OZONE if you have some spare money tod o so that will bring your Bromine usage down to 40% of your original.

However as backglass stated Bromine is better suited for indoor but dont get yourself wrong Bromine is always a better choice than chlorine, better algeacidal proterties less related carcinogistic problems.......

A cheaper alternative is to use those water clarifier blocks, gels out there in the market it will defiantely reduce yr bromine consumptiona s well.
fatybabe
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby fatybabe » Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:11

BTW do get yourself a sensor to regulate the Bromine levels dont trust the setting on the valves from the Hayward or rest of them products dont work and will only cause an overfeed.

Return to “Chlorine”