brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
mamcwifey
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

A wide range of problems..

Postby mamcwifey » Wed 08 Aug, 2007 12:57

Backglass or chemgeek (or anyone else that can help),

I've been lurking for a while and it seems like you guys know what's going on... I have several problems going on w/ my pool right now that I need your help with.

Most of my experience is w/ above ground pools, and we just bought a house w/ an inground.

In no particular order...
- We've got algae and copper in the water combining for one green nasty pool. I had the water tested, the FC and TC are good CYA is at 50, Alkalinity and PH are desperately low, copper is present and no iron. They were out of the chemical they use to test calcium, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was low as well. Which beast do I take down first?

- There's air coming back into the pool. The pressure pulling the water through the skimmer is horrible- when the pump is running I can easily lift the basket out, and I know this should not be possible. The vacuum pressure comes and goes. The pressure is running at about 12-15.
I replaced a hose and adapter that was causing a small leak (and I thought the air bubbles as well) but the bubbles are still flowing. What's my next step?

- I noticed some small bubbles on the walls of the pool behind the liner. I'm wondering if this is cause for concern.

- We have a drain at the bottom of the pool- how do I use it or why would I use it?

Thanks for any help you can give,
mamc...

*mamcwifey

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”