cloudy water only after shocking

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
LIGAL
I'm new here
I'm new here

cloudy water only after shocking

Postby LIGAL » Wed 08 Aug, 2007 18:54

I ran out of my usual granule shock so I ran down to the local Leslie's pool supply and the kid behind the counter talked me into the power powder plus calcium hypochlorite shock which immediately turned my pool a cloudy white. Prior to selling me the shock I had the kid test the water and all was good except he said the alkilinity was a little high but didn't offer any needed solution. Presently the ph is around 8, the free cl is 5, the total cl is 4, alkilinity is 80, the hardness is 100, mind you I have one of those dip stick test kits. I have never had cloudy water before, it's always been crystal clear. Any input is appreciated.
thanks
Sue

Postby Guest » Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:27

first don't always listen to you have to buy a "good test kit" thats sometimes sounds salesmen-y but I had the same problem heres what I did keep you cholrine level up and add clarifier I brought 2 of those small bottles and use it 4 different times like every 24 hours add some keep your pump running 24/7 til clear and make sure you vacuum everyday I started on saturday and as of tuesday my pool is completely clear and those or the only two things I did you will have to be patience first thing I learn it won't clear over night at best 3 days and you should see a big improvement.

let me add after I used shock my pool was so cloudy that you couldn't see the bottom , thats how bad it was but its fine now good luck
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Thu 09 Aug, 2007 14:04

Anonymous wrote:first don't always listen to you have to buy a "good test kit" thats sometimes sounds salesmen-y

Call it what you want but every pool owner DOES need a good test kit. It;s just common sense. Just like every cook needs a good set of measuring cups and a mechanic needs a good set of wrenches.

A pool requires maintenence, and maintenence needs the proper tools. Can you cook without measuring cups? Sure. But you had better be an expert baker first. ;)
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”