Intex Vac Help

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts

Intex Vac Help

Postby Guest » Fri 10 Aug, 2007 15:03

I own an intex easy set vinyl pool(the biggest size available) and use the simple hose vac. i have recently had problems with cleaning the bottom of the pool and im looking for some alternatives. Is it possible to make some kind of pool vac from the supplied pump?

Postby Guest » Thu 16 Aug, 2007 14:03

Good luck because they are junk. I hear alot of people having trouble with them sweeping, they just don't get the job done...

Your best bet is to upgrade to an aboveground with a real pump.

Sorry, I know it's not what you wanted to hear. :(
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Thu 16 Aug, 2007 19:50

Agreed.

Some people have had luck with a standard pool vacuum head, hose and pole and just siphoning to your yard.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
gerald payton
I'm new here
I'm new here

intex vac problem

Postby gerald payton » Sun 23 Sep, 2007 12:34

I bought an intex easy set 18-4 late last season didn't level the ground paid the price 22inches one side 40 on the other.suffered took down stored reopened this season after spending 100.00 for a bob cat to level another 150 for white rocks and a wooden retaining wall and some flowers I did the workit looks great had a wonderful time swimming taught the grans to swim 3 and 5 .learned to vac you must clean the silk strainer 2 or three times if their is much dirt plus the fine strainer in the pump housing after removal of the intake hose.when all is clean it will suck a hickey on your leg--that will clean your bottom( pool i mean)you can sort of backwash to waste if you close the valve to the pool return unhook the hose and let the water go out of the poolremove all filters.I had a big algae bloom learned to use bleach on this site and didn't want to resirculate that mess on the bottom back to the pool plus i wanted to add water to lower the cl level high 80's this week we may swim once more.I have read all the bad experiencess w/intex mine has been great best 600 dollars i aver spent :D
GP in NC AG 18buy4

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”