Pool Filter Turning RED???

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
barger
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Filter Turning RED???

Postby barger » Tue 14 Aug, 2007 08:20

I have a problem with my pool filter turning red... I wash it out everyday and change it once a week? It done this once befor but I didnt do anything unusual to it and it went back to normal after a couple days and now its turning red again and was wondering what I am doing wrong or what am I not doing? Thanks for any and all help....

accessories4pools

Re: Pool Filter Turning RED???

Postby accessories4pools » Sun 19 Aug, 2007 20:27

barger wrote:I have a problem with my pool filter turning red... I wash it out everyday and change it once a week? It done this once befor but I didnt do anything unusual to it and it went back to normal after a couple days and now its turning red again and was wondering what I am doing wrong or what am I not doing? Thanks for any and all help....

It sounds like you are having either a rust or iron problem. We have the same problem here because we are on a well. When we add water to the pool we run it threw an all house filter to clean out as much rust and iron out of the water before it goes into the pool first. Then if there is still stuff in the pool we use a product called Rust & Scale Remover that you can find on accessories4poolsweb site. It works great. It makes all the rust settle to the bottem of the pool so you can just vacum it out.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”