Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
christmaya7
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Alarms

Postby christmaya7 » Mon 20 Aug, 2007 20:44

If you are a pool owner, regardless of whether or not you have children, you may want to consider purchasing a pool alarm. Not only could that alarm help to protect guests, but it could also protect children that just wander into your yard.

Pool Accessory

Usshk
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Pool Alarms

Postby Usshk » Mon 26 Jun, 2023 13:50

Hello! :)
My parents just bought a swimming pool and I’m thinking about an inmersion alarm, as well as a perimetral fence, to protect my toddler (their grandchild).

Do you have any suggestion for that?
I’ve been researching and I’ considering
- Aqualarm
- Gre 770270

Does anyone have any opinion/experience with those or with other models, please?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Pool Alarms

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 27 Jun, 2023 02:15

A few years ago in France it was made law to fit an alarm. We fitted loads as people panicked because the fine was €46,000 and unlimited if it was a fatality. Most of the alarms lasted around 2-3 years before they packed up. I have 2 of the Aqualarms upstairs still (broken) with some vague idea of trying to repair them. The only one that continues to work on many if the pools we fitted them to is this one.
Aqualarm Classic Pool Alarm with Digital Keypad https://amzn.eu/d/94s7Sv1
Allegedly made by Philips electronics originally but still working!
Now comes the moral question, they might sound but only after someone has fallen in. And if you dont hear it? If it decides not to trigger that time?
My view is these things take away from supervision, the only safe way a toddler should be around the pool. I fully agree with a fence, also a law in France to have either a complying fence or alarm or cover. The fence needs to be high enough and not climbable by a toddler and also a gate latch that they cannot open, specific gate latches like the Magna latch. Leave it wedged open like some do and again its useless so 100% supervision is the only safe system.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”