Help with closing/winterizing AG pool

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
Litoq

Postby Litoq » Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:23

It looks like its time to finally close down the pool for the year and I have to say that with the help of this forum, it's been a nice first year of owning a pool. Since I found this forum, my fears of owning a pool and work associated with maintaining a pool have been drastically decreased. After switching to the BBB method, everything has been excellent and problem free for the most part.

My question is this: Besides vacuuming the pool clean, draining the pool just below the skimmer/return, draining filter, removing hoses, adding air pillows, draining and stowing the pump and covering the whole thing, what chemicals/additives do I have to add to the water to ensure that it'll stay clear and algaefree till opening next year? Ever since switching to the BBB method, I'm a little hesitant to add a whole bunch of chemicals to the water. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

rosalie
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: aboveground,15,000 gallons,baquqpure fitratioin system

Postby rosalie » Wed 30 Sep, 2009 14:33

i need help closing my baquapure pump system. can anyone help me with instructions on what to remove, unplug or whatever?
RMS1
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby RMS1 » Thu 29 Oct, 2009 17:36

You can go here: http://www.clean-pool-and-spa.com/pool- ... ation.html to learn how to do it.

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”