Cricket looking bugs in pool

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
Faith

Postby Faith » Sat 22 Sep, 2007 18:31

I had a pump problem and had the pumped turned off for about 2 weeks. Fixed the problem and had a HUGE tadpole problem. I put in stop yellow and shocked the pool. Ran the pump over night and reshocked in the morning. Cleaned out all filters from the millions of dead tadpoles. Tested water and needed chlorine(which I figured) and stabalizer. Now the pool is a cloudy light green, with these bugs on the walls that are tan in color and look like swimming crickets. What are they and what do I do about them? Yuck, yuck and more yuck.

kandee

Postby kandee » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 11:25

did you ever find out what they are called?? i have them too!!
thepoolzone
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: My pool is 18 X 36 inground, vinyl. I have a sand filter that I recently replaced with glass media. Sparkling clear and about 80 degrees today!

Postby thepoolzone » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 23:22

Sorry, I don't know what they are but they sound gross! eww!

I would suggest some shock and some more algaecide! Green means algae in 99% of the cases.

Kill the algae and vacuum it out. The bugs will die from the chemcials and get sucked up too!

Good luck!
The Pool Girl!
www.thepoolzone.com
mscott998

Postby mscott998 » Sun 27 May, 2012 20:08

I did some research and it looks as if these bugs are nymph dragon flies.. Here is a picture of what was in my pool.

http://bugguide.net/images/cache/xl9z5lwzklyh4hahxhdhmhthllgz7lyh5lbz9h1zphjh8lhruhzruh1zehvzglnz2hbz7lhr8laz5ljhmhdhxhvh.jpg

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”