ExtremeClean

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
Aquagems
I'm new here
I'm new here

ExtremeClean

Postby Aquagems » Tue 02 Oct, 2007 10:48

Hi Everyone,

My company is Aquagems Laboratories Inc., we produce a product called ExtremeClean. We've recently redesigned our website and I wanted to invite you all to take a look and give me some feedback.

I'm sure some of you have heard of ExtremeClean before, we used to distribute exclusively through SCP / Pool Corp. Recently we've decided to end our exclusivity and sell directly to our end users and pass on the savings (cut out the middle man, so to speak).

Please let me know what you think of our new site, thanks.

Patrick B., Aquagems Laboratories, Inc.
www . aquagems . net
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Tue 02 Oct, 2007 11:55

This sounds like a clarifier on steroids (or a "suspended floc" as you refer to on your website). A combination of a cationic polymer, such as PolyQuat, which has positive charges to attract negatively charged items such as the surfaces of bacteria and algae, along with sequestering capabilities for metals such as iron and copper, along with consolidation of phosphates (such as from lanthanum). The website says it also combines abilities of an enzyme as well, so would help breakdown (oxidize) organics, though the oxidizer itself would be chlorine so would not reduce chlorine usage for that purpose. If truly effective, this would certainly do as claimed -- preventing algae growth (if it blocked ion channels similar to quats) and reducing chlorine usage in terms of inhibiting algae growth.

Since the product consolidates metals, does it also attract some calcium and therefore reduces Calcium Hardness (CH), and if so, does that imply needing to add Calcium Chloride periodically when using this product? Do you have any data regarding its capabilities at removing phosphates -- i.e. to what level are phosphates removed? How about metals -- to what level are iron and copper removed assuming usage as recommended (i.e. every 2 weeks)? Does the product breakdown with chlorine (i.e. does chlorine slowly oxidize it and what does this imply with regard to frequency of cleaning the filter?

One can have a crystal clear pool from chlorine alone (sufficient for the CYA level) plus proper filtration, but alternatives for easier maintenance are welcome items to be discussed. For those who cannot or do not want to maintain chlorine levels religiously, such products can be very helpful as insurance, though using PolyQuat at its recommended dosage would be a little less expensive (though not by much if one buys your product in bulk) though it's not nearly as broad-based as your product (i.e. it's an algaecide and a clarifier, but doesn't remove metals or phosphates).

Richard

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”