What do you mean by Multi-valve

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Peter2321

What do you mean by Multi-valve

Postby Peter2321 » Wed 03 Oct, 2007 08:14

I have a Jacuzzi sand Filter with a push and turn control with a lever to Rinse and backwash and others... what is the multi-valve thing the tech told me to check as sand is coming out [not from the filter itself] from the waste pipe and how do I change or check for pressure?... It shows now as 20 psi or so... is it too low/ weak?

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Wed 03 Oct, 2007 16:19

I have a Jacuzzi sand Filter with a push and turn control with a lever to Rinse and backwash and others... what is the multi-valve thing the tech told me to check as sand is coming out [not from the filter itself] from the waste pipe and how do I change or check for pressure?... It shows now as 20 psi or so... is it too low/ weak?

if you have push & pull backwash system you would not have multiport valve which has different functions other than just backwash.

If you have sand leaking out at backwash trap, you could have bad O-ring on backwash piston which is not alot of money, or loose or broken lateral inside filter, open and inspect.

If preesure for filter always seems high even after backwashing you may need to replace sand. If you backwash and sand is fairly new and pressure stays the same, pressure gauge may be no good. Pressure readings on filters normally go down after backwashing and vary on where preesure goes too, some go to 0 some 5lbs, etc.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”