Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
Scott Bushey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Fertilizer stains

Postby Scott Bushey » Wed 03 Oct, 2007 16:55

15k marcite pool w/ stains secondary to fertilizer spill in pool. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Scott

Scott Bushey
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Mon 08 Oct, 2007 08:56

what we do is run a stick of 2" pvc down to the stain area and pure some muratic acid into it and then brush it with a metal brush, this technique though sounds wierd delivers the acid to the stained area that needs the treatment. You don't want to use so much acid to take away plaster. Good Luck
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Mon 08 Oct, 2007 14:42

You can also take a white sock put 1/2 pound of PH decreaser in it and put on end of your pole and let it sit on top of stain for 15mins. then brush and see how it looks. Depending on size of stain & how big will determine how much work will be needed to remove it. Adding a sequestering agent/metal remover to pool will also help with this problem.
If stain is hard to remove you may need to lower PH to 6.5-6.8 and scrub daily until gone and then readjust PH level.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”