Mud in Pool

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
duke3030
I'm new here
I'm new here

Mud in Pool

Postby duke3030 » Wed 17 Oct, 2007 13:22

Help! Our saltwater pool is brand new. Our landscaping was being installed recently and a heavy rain started. The landscaper had to leave and since we have no grass installed around the pool area yet, much of the new dirt/mulch ran into the pool. Our turquoise pool is now brown and resembles a big "pothole". The pool company is helping to resolve the problem I think with chemical that makes the dirt go to the bottom and then vacuuming up and repeating that process. It still looks pretty bad and I'm worried...any suggestions and will this be an expensive fix or just a time consuming one?

tvn375
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tvn375 » Wed 31 Oct, 2007 13:38

i would just keep brush it often and let the filter do it job. I just got a new pool as well.

Postby Guest » Sat 29 Dec, 2007 01:33

Vacuum the pool to waste through you're DE filter (if you have one) or have a pool guy do it for you.
pool demon

THE MUDDY MONSTER

Postby pool demon » Sat 12 Jan, 2008 02:16

i would throw a couple of gallons of acid in there. the reason is is to get the dirt partials of the wall, it will prevent it from sticking, brush it 3 times a day clean filter and vaccume up. it will help the plaster cure as well as you say it is brand new. and the salt system is probably not working to its full potential because the water is to cold. But the p.h level will rise slowly but shurly, and if it dosen't put some ph up in there and get it balanced.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”