Inground 18,000 gal, the water is dark green, HELP

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
Boomer1970

Inground 18,000 gal, the water is dark green, HELP

Postby Boomer1970 » Mon 05 Nov, 2007 10:46

I have an 18,000 gal in ground concrete pool. The pool water is dark green, and I can't see the bottom. I have balanced the PH, colorine is good. I've algecide, alge killer, what will kill the alge? Do I need to keep the pump running 24hrs to help filter the water? All the chemicles I have in the water the alge is glumping up, and I have to clean the fileter every 30 minutes because it get glogged. Is that a sign that the chemicals are working?
Thanks
Scott

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Mon 05 Nov, 2007 19:47

I have an 18,000 gal in ground concrete pool. The pool water is dark green, and I can't see the bottom. I have balanced the PH, colorine is good. I've algecide, alge killer, what will kill the alge? Do I need to keep the pump running 24hrs to help filter the water? All the chemicles I have in the water the alge is glumping up, and I have to clean the fileter every 30 minutes because it get glogged. Is that a sign that the chemicals are working?

sounds like it has been green awhile to clog filter.
what type filter do you have?

If it's a sand filter you can vacuum to waste to help get algae off floor.
If DE filter you can vacuum in backwash & watch water level so it does not get low.
If cartridge filter then vacuum & keep cleaning filter,this will help get pool cleaned up faster even if you can not see the bottom.
yes you need the pump running 24/7 until water becomes clear.
you will need to keep cleaning filter when pressure rises up.

you are going to need to raise chlorine level up to 24ppm shock level & make sure it stays there until water clears up. So checking chemical levels 3-4 times a day.
You can add 2-bags of shock & then use liquide chlorine to keep chlorine level boosted & brush pool daily.

If you can give all your chemical readings it will help.

FC-free chlorine
TC-total chlorine
CC-combined chlorine
PH-reading
TA-reading
CH-hardness
CYA-conditioner

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”