BLOWING OUT MULTIPLE MAIN DRAINS

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
DEMICAN
I'm new here
I'm new here

BLOWING OUT MULTIPLE MAIN DRAINS

Postby DEMICAN » Thu 08 Nov, 2007 14:46

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ABOUT BLOWING OUT A MAIN DRAIN. I JUST WINTERIZED MY POOL FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR AND IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO ABOUT MY MAIN DRAIN. I USED A COMPRESSOR TO BLOW OUT THE LINE BUT ONLY SAW BUBBLES FROM ONE OF THE 2 MAIN DRAINS. THEY ARE BOTH CONNECTED TOGETHER. IS THIS SOMETHING I SHOULD BE CONCERNED OVER? OR SHOULD I ASSUME THAT BY SEEING BUBBLES COMING OUT 1 MAIN DRAIN THAT THE OTHER IS BLOWN OUT ALSO. MY GUESS IS THAT I AM NOT GETTING ENOUGH AIR FLOW TO BLOW OUT BOTH DRAINS AT THE SAME TIME. SHOULD I USE A DRY VAC INSTEAD? THE SAME IS ALSO HAPPING TO A WATERFALL LINE THAT HAS 2 DRAINS.

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Tue 13 Nov, 2007 11:16

should be normal, they are connected but no in the sense you think. I will try to explain take 2 glasses of water(main drains) put one straw in each glass(pvc going in and out) then one straw connect to each cup(pvc tying then together). if you blow air on either straw going in and out it will bubble in glass and not carry to other drain. This is done so that if a person gets caught on one of the two drains the other one sucks so not to cause an intrapment issue. Hope this helps. I think your waterfall is fine also.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”