My pool is cloudy (after heavy rain), so I shocked it, but it never clear up. I have run the pump continously for several days, it is still cloudy. The most curious problem is that even right after I shocked my pool, my chlorine reading is always low (everything else is fine). I don't know what is the problem, it seems like something is drinking my chlorine. Is there such a thing? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
first suggestion, take water sample to pool store & get full set of chemical readings including phosphate to let us know more.
remember when shocking pool you want your chlorine level at 24ppm "shock level" until clear not just for a day. So you need to check chlorine level 2-3 times a day add liquide chlorine when needed to boost level back up & run "cleaned" filter 24/7 until clear.