Paint

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Paint

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Tue 20 Nov, 2007 20:20

Hi!
My pool is almost 1 year old and our pool constructor (it is an in-ground cement pool) told us that we could paint it again the following year instead of now. But I noticed the floor has few small spots where the paint has come out. This is probably due to vacuuming. Does this cause any problem to my pool's surface? Should I paint the pool?

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:32

Blistering paint will not cause any problems. Your pool will hold water without any paint at all. Your paint should have lasted longer than 1 year. The next time you do paint, do it when it is warm and sunny (watch the weather) and let the pool sit empty for 1-2 weeks after the paint is applied. This will allow the sun to bake on the paint. Painted pools that are filled prematurely before the paint has sufficient time to dry will blister or peel.
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Wed 21 Nov, 2007 12:25

Hi!
My pool is almost 1 year old and our pool constructor (it is an in-ground cement pool) told us that we could paint it again the following year instead of now. But I noticed the floor has few small spots where the paint has come out. This is probably due to vacuuming. Does this cause any problem to my pool's surface? Should I paint the pool?

are you saying this is just a cement pool with no plaster?
If you do have a plaster pool & bottom is pitting then there is a problem.
You are not keeping chemicals correct or plaster has problem that pool builder needs to fix, sense pool is only 1yr old & should have a warranty of some kind.

Painting pools are done most of the time by people who can not afford to replaster.
sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Wed 21 Nov, 2007 15:20

are you saying this is just a cement pool with no plaster?
If you do have a plaster pool & bottom is pitting then there is a problem.
You are not keeping chemicals correct or plaster has problem that pool builder needs to fix, sense pool is only 1yr old & should have a warranty of some kind.

Painting pools are done most of the time by people who can not afford to replaster.

spanish is my first language, so I only have a bare idea of what plaster is. however, i'm pretty sure the pool doesn´t have plaster and here in my country nobody does anything but paint their pools.

...The next time you do paint, do it when it is warm and sunny (watch the weather) and let the pool sit empty for 1-2 weeks after the paint is applied....

do i have to paint with the sun not too strong (like at the morning or afternoon)???
is there any problem if my pool is drained for 2 weeks?? (i've read that it may pop out, how do I know if there is dangerous groundwater that could do this??)
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Wed 21 Nov, 2007 16:19

sense your going to paint the pool it's good the pool has had a chance to dry out & should be good to paint. Make sure there is no wet areas left when painting pool.
Your pool should not pop out of ground as long as there has been no rain & "water table" below ground is not high in your area.
different pool paints
sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Wed 21 Nov, 2007 17:40

how do I get to kno about water table level???
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Wed 21 Nov, 2007 19:34

has it rained in your area? this & knowing the area helps, you can ask pool store in yours.
sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Thu 22 Nov, 2007 16:26

thanks mr_clean!

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”