Pool temperature is too high

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Mon 03 Dec, 2007 21:07

Hi everyone!
Just willing to read any suggestions on how to cool down my the water in my pool.
In summer, temperatures may be higher than 36º C or 100º F around here. Pool water temperatures rise too, turning the pool as hot as a spa, so it is not more refreshing. The only way I can lower its temperature is by draining 1/3 of the pool and re-filling it, but this may prove to be just temporary and a complete waste of water.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Mon 03 Dec, 2007 21:48

If you have a solar system, then circulating the water through the solar panels at night can help reduce its temperature (and obviously don't circulate it through the panels during the day). During the day and at night, keeping the pool uncovered (i.e. no solar cover) and having the surfaces be white instead of black can help to slow down the temperature rise. Removing obstacles that keep wind off the pool can also help as increasing air flow helps increase evaporation that helps cool the pool water.

Even if you don't have solar panels, you can use a recirculating pump with a shower spraying back into the pool at night to help cool off the water. This will also tend to make the pH rise due to outgassing of carbon dioxide so you'll need to compensate for that.

Richard
sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Tue 04 Dec, 2007 10:10

Even if you don't have solar panels, you can use a recirculating pump with a shower spraying back into the pool at night to help cool off the water. This will also tend to make the pH rise due to outgassing of carbon dioxide so you'll need to compensate for that.

Richard

The pool builder installed the return jets above water level (don't know why), so I was wondering if you could suggest me how to transform that strong spurt into a shower, so that I can run the filter pump at night to cool down the pool. I read I could install a fountain, but here in Argentina there aren't pool fountains that attach to the return pipe.

I'll be thanking any suggestions.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Tue 04 Dec, 2007 13:21

I'm not very mechanical so perhaps someone else can give you some suggestions for making a shower to attach to the return.
sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Tue 04 Dec, 2007 17:27

OK. Thanks for your reply!
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Tue 04 Dec, 2007 19:38

how do the return lines look?
Does a PVC cap screw into it from outside the plaster/tile with eye in middle?
Is the PVC cap with eye, flush with plaster/tile & imbedded in it?
You say it's above water line?
Does a PVC pipe just stick out?

If you are able to attach to PVC you can use a cap & drill holes in the end so when water returns it showers onto water. I would think you have more than one return & would not do it to all of them.
sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Wed 05 Dec, 2007 21:04

how do the return lines look?
Is the PVC cap with eye, flush with plaster/tile & imbedded in it?
You say it's above water line?
Does a PVC pipe just stick out?

If you are able to attach to PVC you can use a cap & drill holes in the end so when water returns it showers onto water. I would think you have more than one return & would not do it to all of them.

Well, as I can describe it (English is not my first language), the return line is a plastic frame with the pvc pipe in the middle (fixed on the wall). A fitting (that screws into the "frame") in which the eyeball is placed, and some kind of plastic ring which screws to the "fitting" named above that holds the eyeball right in place.

I guess it is like that. Here is a picture of it.

The return jet is always above water level because otherwise, the water would be above the top of the skimmer. There is just one inlet in my pool (guess because it isn't very big). So, what would you reccommend me to do as I have just ONE return???

Thanks a lot!
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Thu 06 Dec, 2007 10:12

even though you have only one return line it will be ok as you can buy PVC fitting to come off the one pipe & make 3 lines for water to return to pool with 2 lines capped off with holes in it so it showers water.
remember it's up to you how it's designed I would go as short as possible/close to wall.
Ultimate geek

queerdo

Postby Ultimate geek » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 06:17

Ur a sad retarded geek get a life!!!! (SERIOUSLY)
ur coolman

queerdo

Postby ur coolman » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 06:23

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i agree with u ultimate geek ur cool!!!!!!
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 19:59

Only mentally challenged person responds to a 5 year old question.
(But it takes a certified idiot to comment on his own crap only 6 minutes later, thinking no one will notice).
rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Postby rosalind » Tue 29 May, 2012 00:27

Well, pool cover, or a solar blanket is the simplest way to reduce the temperature. Shining of sunlight will be enter into pool via the blanket, but it will beneficial for pool not to get heat as it stop the heat to get entered.
raymansmith89
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Pool temperature is too high

Postby raymansmith89 » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:22

I think you can use a robotic vacuum cleaner to clean and set the temperature. A solar panel is another great option to clean the pool. http://roboticpoolcleanerscompared.com/

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”