Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Clay Cranford
I'm new here
I'm new here

Baracuda stuck on steps

Postby Clay Cranford » Wed 09 Jan, 2008 16:04

I'm troubled by a 15,000 gal pebble tech pool wherein my baracuda habitually gets stuck on the bottom step, which is towards the end of its clockwise cleaning cycle.We just installed a new diaphragm, so I was thinking the hose may be the wrong length. Any suggestions?

Ickle
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Ickle » Sun 13 Jan, 2008 11:13

what set up do you have on your baracuda, and what type is it?
Also what type of pool do you have? Liner? Concrete?

You can get "wheels" which might help it stop, otherwise check you have the correct suction.
crazyannie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Baracuda stuck on steps

Postby crazyannie » Fri 14 Mar, 2008 19:14

Clay Cranford wrote:I'm troubled by a 15,000 gal pebble tech pool wherein my baracuda habitually gets stuck on the bottom step, which is towards the end of its clockwise cleaning cycle.We just installed a new diaphragm, so I was thinking the hose may be the wrong length. Any suggestions?

Check your settings where the main drain and skimmer lines are. Is it completely turned off your main drain? Adust the valve so that you have 3/4 skimmer open and 1/4 main drain off. Kind of go from there to get the best movement.
Another sign that its getting to much suction is how fast it moves across your pool.
Your pump povides the movement within your pool the valves at your system can be adjusted so you get more circulation from one point to the other. Also make sure the filter is cleaned and baskets emtied to ensure good flo.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”