low pressure when plugged into pool cleaner

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....

low pressure when plugged into pool cleaner

Postby Guest » Sat 12 Jan, 2008 02:13

im looking after a pool for someone while they are away on holiday and everything is going backwards with it. When I turn on the barracuda pool cleaner it starts the pressure gauge moving indicating there is air somwhere in the barracuda being released into the system there is no change even after several minutes. i recently replaced some hissing pipes but i cant hear anymore hissing pipes now.everthing is fine when the barracuda is unplugged. the little block which propels the barracuda along somtimes gets stuck so i just use some wd40 to grease up that part again. Can anyone explain to me what it could be?

cheers

chars

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Sat 12 Jan, 2008 20:53

im looking after a pool for someone while they are away on holiday and everything is going backwards with it. When I turn on the barracuda pool cleaner it starts the pressure gauge moving indicating there is air somwhere in the barracuda being released into the system there is no change even after several minutes. i recently replaced some hissing pipes but i cant hear anymore hissing pipes now.everthing is fine when the barracuda is unplugged. the little block which propels the barracuda along somtimes gets stuck so i just use some wd40 to grease up that part again. Can anyone explain to me what it could be?

You say baracuda cleaner is turn on? do you mean plugged in? baracuda's are a suction cleaner & run off suction of skimmer or side of pool wall pipe which goes to same pipes.

Have you cleaned pump basket of debris, skimmer basket if it plugs into pool wall? The debris may just be slowing down system when under more pressure with baracuda is plugged in. Also lube the pump lid O-ring which can suck air when dry & under more pressure.
Depending on type/make of pump most you can look into through pump lid & see where water level is when baracuda is plugged in. If water has gone down away from lid it is cavating which means air in system. The water when normal is against lid. If baracuda is pluged into skimmer you can check it's regulator which allows it to work & pool to still be able to skim water. Again check for debris or does it even have one?
check for this & see what happens. If your not sure about the baracudas hoses still leaking you can check for leaks by lifting just above the water when it's running & listen for suction as long as system has some pressure.
When system is off you can take out baracuda & inspect yellow or white diaphragm for dibris but normally it does not slow down system like this.
If the baracuda is just not moving look at gauge & see what it shows you if gauge goes up clean filter. If normal inspect diaphragm for holes/cracks.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”