or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
gtarmike
I'm new here
I'm new here

Sparkling Blue untill the storm

Postby gtarmike » Mon 14 Jan, 2008 01:24

Hello all,
I've got a little problem I need some help with.

I have an in-ground, fiberglass pool that holds approximately 25,000 Gal. Until a couple of weeks ago when we had a storm with high winds I had my pool clean and blue, everything going fine. High winds during the storm caused dozens of branches to break off of redwood trees and land in the pool almost instantaneously turning the pool color greenish brown. The color of split pea soup would not be an exaggeration. A day after the storm I retrieved 20 plus, 3ft or longer, branches from the pool. To begin clean up I cleaned all of the filters, added 1 gallon of liquid chlorine to the water, placed two chlorine tablets in the floating reservoir and then turned on the pump, which has been running constantly for the past five days. Yesterday I checked the water chemistry. Chlorine, Ph, and alkyliinity were all within the parameters, i.e. chlorine 3 PPM; Ph 7.5; Alkylinity 100 PPM.

Color does not seem to be getting any better. Thoughts anyone??

Thank you in advance for any comments,
Mike

Poolz

Pea soup

Postby Poolz » Tue 05 Feb, 2008 19:06

Have you checked the integrity of the filter? It may have sustained damage from twigs or branches.

Try adding a flocculant or clarifier to help get rid of the minute dust/ dirt particules that the filter may not be trapping.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”