E05 error

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
Patrick

E05 error

Postby Patrick » Tue 05 Feb, 2008 20:31

What does it mean when you get an E05 error on the heater? I keep restarting the heater but it will give me that error every few minutes.

Patrick

E05

Postby Patrick » Tue 05 Feb, 2008 20:33

By the way, the heater giving me the E05 error is a Pentair Mastertemp.
ndllana

E05 Error

Postby ndllana » Mon 03 Mar, 2008 20:02

I have a Pentair Minimax Nt and the E05 error is igniter/flame/pilot failure.
I have the same problem with mine right now.
custom97
I'm new here
I'm new here

E05 error code

Postby custom97 » Thu 03 Apr, 2008 11:26

Not sure if you all have gotten help yet, but the mastertemp E05 error code is related to the stack flue sensor and the NT is, like posted, the flame sensor code. The NT will give this code for other reasons also, such as low gas pressure, blocked orfices or inadequate air flow.

The MasterTemp stack flue snsor trips when exhaust temps reach more than 350 degrees. This is usauly caused by a flow issue or a bad thermal regulator causing the water to remain in the exchanger and over heat.

I hope this will help, sorry for not posting earlier.
Bob Perry

E05 error

Postby Bob Perry » Mon 25 Jul, 2011 21:16

Our problem was the Stack Flue Sensor, the wires entering the sensor broke off. Probably from the weight of the connecting wires time/heat etc.

Anyway, I called the Pentaire 800 number, had to wait about 10 minutes, but the tech was spot on.

I've ordered the part (prices vary on the internet by about $30 USD)

Good luck with yours, but do call the company tech first, if you can do some basic troubleshooting should be easy enough.
Kenewills

E05 error

Postby Kenewills » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 20:45

If you hold down pool on button it displays the exhaust temp. - mine was showing 80 and then flashing 40. Obviously something wrong. There is a sensor on the exhaust that looks like a bolt with 2 wires coming out of it - it's the stack flue sensor. I took it off, cleaned the terminals, screwed the sensor back in and reattached the wire terminals. After I did this - no problems.
non

E05 error

Postby non » Sun 18 May, 2014 13:33

Using the "hold pool on" trick to determine if the sensor working helped me diagnose. I replaced it and am in business. Thanks for the help.
fsk

E05 error

Postby fsk » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:45

Kenewills wrote:If you hold down pool on button it displays the exhaust temp. - mine was showing 80 and then flashing 40. Obviously something wrong. There is a sensor on the exhaust that looks like a bolt with 2 wires coming out of it - it's the stack flue sensor. I took it off, cleaned the terminals, screwed the sensor back in and reattached the wire terminals. After I did this - no problems.

Can you send a picture of what we are looking for. We have had the same issues with the heater since we got it. Worst product ever. Hopefully this will fix it.
ds

E05 error

Postby ds » Sat 13 Sep, 2014 16:01

fsk wrote:
Kenewills wrote:If you hold down pool on button it displays the exhaust temp. - mine was showing 80 and then flashing 40. Obviously something wrong. There is a sensor on the exhaust that looks like a bolt with 2 wires coming out of it - it's the stack flue sensor. I took it off, cleaned the terminals, screwed the sensor back in and reattached the wire terminals. After I did this - no problems.

Can you send a picture of what we are looking for. We have had the same issues with the heater since we got it. Worst product ever. Hopefully this will fix it.

Thanks that worked for us!!

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”