Intelliflo 011012 versus 011013 ??

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
remember
I'm new here
I'm new here

Intelliflo 011012 versus 011013 ??

Postby remember » Thu 14 Feb, 2008 22:59

Does anyone know the difference(s) between the 2 models of the Pentair Intelliflo, besides the prices? (One sells for about 800 and the other for about $1200.)

Poolz

Intelliflo pumps

Postby Poolz » Wed 20 Feb, 2008 03:57

I think it has something to do with degree of control and pump capacity.
remember
I'm new here
I'm new here

intelliflo models' control and capacity?

Postby remember » Wed 20 Feb, 2008 19:04

By control, do you mean the flow rate?

I think that the less expensive model only has four flow rates, but can the more expensive intelliflo model be set to any flow rate?(specifically the optimum flow rate that our pool system should be at?) Please correct me on any of this.

Our pipe size is only 1.5 inch, thus from what I have read, the flow rate should not be more than about 44 gallons per minute.

Could the less expensive intelliflo model be set to this flow rate? or would I have to buy the more expensive model?

What do you mean by capacity?
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sun 23 Mar, 2008 08:09

The less expensive version will work just fine with your pool. The intelliflo has a max flow rate of 130 GPM. The intelliflo 4x160 has a max of 160 GPM and the 4x100 has a max of 100 GPM. You can set the flow rate to whatever you need.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sun 23 Mar, 2008 13:01

The Intelliflo 4x160 and 4x100 have 4 pre-programmed SPEEDS (RPM) you can set to be whatever you like and with a controller you can switch between them. If you want to adjust flow rates, you'll need to install a separate flow meter (easily added to a straight length of pipe). The full Intelliflo (which I have) is programmed by FLOW RATE (GPM) and it will automatically adjust its speed to keep the flow rate constant, such as when a sand filter gets more full before the next backwashing.

In theory, the full Intelliflo with IntelliTouch was supposed to turn off in filtering mode when it cumulatively reached the desired turnover rate. So having the solar on which is at a higher GPM was supposed to have less time in lower flow filtering mode, but this function was removed (at least it wasn't there last year) making the flow-based pump less useful.

The Intelliflo 4x160 plus a separate flow meter (if one cares about flow rate, such as calculating turnovers, etc.) should be fine for most people.

Richard

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”