solar attic pool heater

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
Slimbow

solar attic pool heater

Postby Slimbow » Tue 19 Feb, 2008 17:10

I have seen a lot of advertising for the solar attic and I am interested in it. I removed my solar panels because of damaged from a previous storm. I ran across this solar attic on Google, has anyone used this system? Or is their any other alternatives that someone can recommend?

I will not install another roof mounted panel system after the damaged I endured to my home. I am looking for factual input not some slanted theory or unfounded product bashing from a disgruntle salesman or solar panel pusher. I have tried other forums for information and it seems my posting brings out the crazy replies.

Again if you have personal experience using the solar attic or have an alternative product to heat my pool (other than panels) i would like to hear from you.

Poolz

Pool heater help

Postby Poolz » Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:27

It looks interesting. I would assume that a heat exchanger placed in the attic would gain quite some heat, but not as much as a solar panel could. It is just my opinion.

I would like to hear from someone who uses the system.
Slimbow

solar attic pool heater

Postby Slimbow » Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:24

Hmm good point about the attic not as warm, but my attic does reach 140 degrees. i figure if i use the solar rings in addition to the solar attic that should be plenty to heat my pool. But I really want to talk to someone who has used it first.
slimbow

flow reversal vs circulator

Postby slimbow » Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:43

Has anyone used either the mark urban flow reversal valve or the circulator and if so whats your opinion on them?
Owner

Solar Attic pool heater

Postby Owner » Tue 04 Mar, 2008 19:27

I'm using a Solar Attic to heat my pool I purchased it in 1997. It has paid for itself after the second year. I have been very pleased with it the only issues I have is in early spring and late fall you will need a solar cover to keep the heat from escaping. Another thing if you're sensitive to general appliance noise like a dishwasher It may bother you but it only runs during the day and you get used to it. Performance It keeps my pool around the high 80's to low 90's my pool is an 18x24 inground.

Lafayette, CA
Watchdog

Solar

Postby Watchdog » Thu 20 Mar, 2008 14:52

what is this if this heater had any merit how come I have never heard of this before?
AZ

Heater

Postby AZ » Thu 27 Mar, 2008 18:10

I had a question to the gentleman who said he has been using this since 97. I live in Phoenix so I really don't have a need for a heater for May through Sept but I was looking at purchasing this so I could ad some spring and fall months. Maybe mid march through Oct/Nov. I have a solar cover for the pool with our temps here do you think it would give me that at a pool temp of upper 80's

Thanks
joel

attic solar

Postby joel » Sun 27 Apr, 2008 15:11

I purchase a home that already had a attic pool heater in it. I used it for about 2 months until I shut down my pool for the season. It works better than my old panel system.

J.B. Ontario, Canada
Stan

Solar

Postby Stan » Thu 08 May, 2008 15:45

This is cool
kathya

solar attic

Postby kathya » Thu 08 May, 2008 19:02

I have used the solar attic pool heater since 1999 and have been very satisfied with it. It costs very little to run and provides us with an earlier swimming season (early May - we live in New Jersey) Keeps the pool a constant mid 80s all season. (that's where we like it) Another great feature is that it helps with air conditioning the second floor. We have a two story house with only one zone and the upper level used to be very hot compared to the main level. If I open the attic access, the solar attic heat exchanger acts like a whole house fan and cools the second level. Plus if you need to go into the attic during the summer months, you can actually bear it for longer than 30 seconds.

I think its a great alternative and no unsightly panels.
jts

solar attic heating

Postby jts » Sun 18 May, 2008 07:19

Do not use the flow reversal system as recommended by the company. It is in direct violation of Ansi/APSP7 standard with deals the entrapment in swimming pool drains. It also violates the new Federal regulation for swimming pool safey. The theory of the solar attic system is good.

valves

Postby Guest » Mon 19 May, 2008 11:13

Question: if reversing the flow is illegal and violates regulations does that mean my pop up caretaker pool cleaning system is in violation too? It does the same thing as a flow reversal. My pool water is circulated and rotated at the bottom of my pool from my pop up jets.
Rbergeron

Solar attic

Postby Rbergeron » Tue 27 May, 2008 15:43

Installed mine 3 yrs ago ... I open the pool in mid May at 45 degrees water ... we get 70 degrees by June 1, 80 degree water by June 15, have 85-90 degree water till Sept then it drops to 80 till Sept 10, then to 75 by Sept 20 ... [And, that is what we get] IN MAINE!
Slimbow

Solar Attic

Postby Slimbow » Tue 12 Aug, 2008 15:02

I purchased the PCS2 from SolarAttic. It is a great heater my only complaint is that I couldn't find an installer so I had to get some friends together for the installation.

My pool has never been warmer today my pool reads at 91 degrees so I recommend the pool heater but make sure you have an installer!!!!!
stafftech

Solar atic pool heater

Postby stafftech » Fri 19 Sep, 2008 17:33

Can anyone provide an estimated price for this?

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”