solar attic pool heater

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
jts

solar attic heating

Postby jts » Sun 18 May, 2008 07:19

Do not use the flow reversal system as recommended by the company. It is in direct violation of Ansi/APSP7 standard with deals the entrapment in swimming pool drains. It also violates the new Federal regulation for swimming pool safey. The theory of the solar attic system is good.

valves

Postby Guest » Mon 19 May, 2008 11:13

Question: if reversing the flow is illegal and violates regulations does that mean my pop up caretaker pool cleaning system is in violation too? It does the same thing as a flow reversal. My pool water is circulated and rotated at the bottom of my pool from my pop up jets.
Rbergeron

Solar attic

Postby Rbergeron » Tue 27 May, 2008 15:43

Installed mine 3 yrs ago ... I open the pool in mid May at 45 degrees water ... we get 70 degrees by June 1, 80 degree water by June 15, have 85-90 degree water till Sept then it drops to 80 till Sept 10, then to 75 by Sept 20 ... [And, that is what we get] IN MAINE!
Slimbow

Solar Attic

Postby Slimbow » Tue 12 Aug, 2008 15:02

I purchased the PCS2 from SolarAttic. It is a great heater my only complaint is that I couldn't find an installer so I had to get some friends together for the installation.

My pool has never been warmer today my pool reads at 91 degrees so I recommend the pool heater but make sure you have an installer!!!!!
stafftech

Solar atic pool heater

Postby stafftech » Fri 19 Sep, 2008 17:33

Can anyone provide an estimated price for this?
TheSwimmer

Solar attic

Postby TheSwimmer » Thu 22 Jan, 2009 00:21

I'm curious about any additional experiences with the SolarAttic heater that people would care to offer. I'm especially curious about what states or provinces are appropriate and any additional information about installation experiences.

Thanks in advance!
snjsteve
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x44 lazy'L' inground

Solar attic pool heater

Postby snjsteve » Tue 17 Mar, 2009 17:34

Kathya,
Who installed your 'solar attic' and what part of Jersey are you in?

Steve (Brick,NJ)
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

SolarAttic

Postby Larry » Wed 18 Mar, 2009 05:14

To determine how efficient the Solar Attic would be for your pool, take a look at the Solar Attic criteria.
ordpete944
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15X30. in-ground. Salt system, DE filter. Spa with H400 heater

Solar attic pool heater

Postby ordpete944 » Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:33

I have tried twice to get info from the manufacturer on the solar attic. They never reply. I would like to know how they cost since they dont post their prices on the website.
enaid

Solar attic pool heater

Postby enaid » Thu 26 Mar, 2009 14:06

Can you use the solar attic system with an above ground pool? I have a 33ft. round and this sounds like a great option over the panels.
greggpica
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20 x 40 liner

Solar attic pool heater

Postby greggpica » Mon 13 Apr, 2009 13:37

I got mine through http://www.longislandsolarpools.com last spring. I personally love the product and am even thinking of trying to become a distributor for it and sell it to the homeowners that I do renovations for. Not only does it heat my pool, my attic isn't even hot anymore.
BearHotTubs
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We over see the operation of community pools and spas in CA WA & OR. We are the Tech service for upgrade, repair, trouble shooting of systems in large mobile home parks, resorts and some RV parks.

Solar attic pool heater

Postby BearHotTubs » Tue 21 Apr, 2009 14:02

I've downloaded all the information of the solar attic system for possible commercial use heating pools in mobile home parks, extracting the heat from the large clubhouse attics. I have discussed the project with the company CEO and We will do more research on units being used in a commercial application. The savings of bottom line $$$ is most important to park owners, but I like the fact of saving our natural resources or the "Green Factor"
Frank

Solar attic pool heater

Postby Frank » Mon 08 Jun, 2009 10:43

Hi ;

I live in New Jersey also and have a similar home. I was wondering if you could share your contractor information with me?

Regards
Shadow

solar attic pool heater

Postby Shadow » Tue 11 Aug, 2009 18:08

I've used the Solar Attic for several years In the NY metro area on an 18x36 inground pool that gets no more than 2 hours of direct sun all day long. With attic temperatures averaging 105 it heats the pool 2 degrees per day while dropping the attic temperature about 10 degrees. Gets the pool up to 78-80 or about 10 degrees warmer than previous. By comparison, neighbor's pool in direct sun all day long reaches 82-84. The fan can be heard running while the unit is active, but is not objectionable. Using the automated Goldline 235 series controller it can also be used by those in hotter climates to cool the pool during the evening - while the attic is cooler than the pool.
patrickspools

solar attic pool heater

Postby patrickspools » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 09:51

I am a dealer for them. Its a good product. I actually own long island solar pools and it looks like I sold a unit to Greg from a few posts back. I don't think they would heat a commercial pool very well unless the pool was the size of a residential. Anything bigger than a 20 x 40 and I won't do the install without either heating from the bottom or using a solar blanket.

I wanted to comment about this last post by shadow. He may possibly have the pcs2 installed in his attic. The fans on the new PCS3 are MUCH quiter than the pcs2s and really can't be heard from the rest of the house. The installation is also easier because we no longer have to mount using chains since the units don't vibrate at all.

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”