"Fix A Leak" Sealer

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
robertswilson
I'm new here
I'm new here

"Fix A Leak" Sealer

Postby robertswilson » Tue 19 Feb, 2008 18:08

I was always told growing up "if it's to good to be true, it probably is"!! I have a leak that has been presure tested on my return line and while searching for solutions I came across this product which claims:

FIX A LEAK is a blended, concentrated material designed to seal leaks in virtually any material. FIX A LEAK can be used to fix pool and spa plumbing leaks, pool leaks and spa leaks. It will seal holes up to 1/8" in diameter and form a permanent seal.

Simply remove your cartridge filter, or set your sand or DE filter to "Recirculate" - add solution to the water during filtration and allow the repair to mend. You can also pour Fix A Leak directly near a suspected leak in the pool. Fix a Leak will seek out and fill voids up to 1/8 in.

Use 8 oz per 1,000 gallons for leaks in hot tubs. Use 32 oz for pools up to 22,000 gallons. Two treatments for large leaks. Leaking Pools, Leaking pool plumbing, Leaking pool liners, all fixed with Fix-A-Leak!!

Has anyone used this before? It really does sound too good to be true!

Thanks,
Rob

Poolz

Fix a leak

Postby Poolz » Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:29

I saw this stuff at a fair and was impressed by the demo. Does it work in pools? I haven't had need to try it yet, but it probably does. To what extent is uncertain.

Postby Guest » Sat 01 Mar, 2008 21:53

it might work in small structure leaks but if you have any pressure behind like pipes it will not work. it coegullates into leak like puttting pepper into pinhole in your radiator. best to physically fix it.
jmac

fix a leak

Postby jmac » Sat 26 Apr, 2008 13:51

I just purchased fix a leak and ran it thru my leaking spa. I will let you know if it works. I will give it until tomorrow afternoon and turn the spa on and see if it is still leaking. Wish me luck :?

Postby Guest » Fri 16 May, 2008 11:32

So did it work? I have just bought some for the plumbing in my pool - so fingers crossed.
Leaky Also

Read about Fix a Leak

Postby Leaky Also » Thu 29 May, 2008 15:58

Just wondering if Fix a Leak was a success?
cathmargo

Re: fix a leak

Postby cathmargo » Wed 10 Sep, 2008 16:16

Can you let lme know if Fix a leak worked... I have same problem with a leaky spa.
Sharts

"Fix A Leak" Sealer

Postby Sharts » Sat 27 Jun, 2009 13:40

Did not work for me. :(
Fireman

"Fix A Leak" Sealer

Postby Fireman » Mon 06 Jul, 2009 23:29

I used this product last year because apparently I had multiple small leaks and was unable to locate them. I followed the directions. I did not have to add water to my pool for the rest of the season other than for evaporation. So my answer to "does it work" would be yes. I have an above the ground pool 24' ft round in the Chicagoland area.
American Leak Detection

"Fix A Leak" Sealer

Postby American Leak Detection » Mon 27 Jul, 2009 17:12

We recently updated our swimming pool repair page. It has some helpful information about the many issues in swimming pool repair.
Thomas

Fix A Leak

Postby Thomas » Tue 08 Sep, 2009 12:27

[Our 12,000 gal pool is leaking in the skimmer. We aour getting ready to use the product Fix A Leak. I would like to know if anyone has had a bad out come with this product.
Thanks Tom
robert cray

Fix a leak

Postby robert cray » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 02:40

I saw this stuff at a fair and was impressed by the demo. Does it work in pools? I haven't had need to try it yet, but it probably does. To what extent is uncertain.

"Fix A Leak" Sealer

Postby Guest » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 09:05

I used it and it appears to have worked for my pool I had a small leak that was causing me to lose about 1in to 1 1/2 in of water each day beyond evaporation. The fix a leak has stopped all leaking beyond normal evaporation. I'm only losing about 1/8in a day now.
blulagon

"Fix A Leak" Sealer

Postby blulagon » Tue 28 Jun, 2011 18:59

It will not work on a suction side with the pool running. I does work on the pressure side and in liners and other pool services
BennyBoy

"Fix A Leak" Sealer

Postby BennyBoy » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 01:51

I have an above-ground pool which was leaking at a few places (at least 5) that I could see. I applied Fix-a-leak about three times over a period of one month. I am happy to say that leaks are no more. This was 2 years ago. I still apply it once in a while, just to make sure that it stays that way. :D

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”