Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
The Pool Guy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Sun Holiday Pools/Columbus Ohio area

Postby The Pool Guy » Thu 21 Feb, 2008 19:20

Anybody in this area happen to own one of their pools ? I can give advice and info. on "The good-bad-and the ugly" Please reply...Thanks.

chuck

Re: Sun Holiday Pools/Columbus Ohio area

Postby chuck » Sun 13 Apr, 2008 18:46

The Pool Guy wrote:Anybody in this area happen to own one of their pools ? I can give advice and info. on "The good-bad-and the ugly" Please reply...Thanks.

What good? The house I purchased has in ground pool from these guys. Had to replace the undersized filter system and pump. The liner now has holes in it and the deck is falling apart. Because of the odd size it might be cheaper to fill it in. :(
NerkAhia

Postby NerkAhia » Mon 05 May, 2008 13:43

Bought a house two years ago that had an above ground 16' x 30' square, with deck. Pool is great but the previous owner took good care of it. the liner is 12 years old and will need replaced soon. 8)
not happy

Postby not happy » Thu 07 May, 2009 14:06

had to replace the liner a couple of times, the metal has a 8" hole rusted in frame, capping has paint peeling off. I'm looking to replace it. The deck fell apart. I had someone build a new "better" one.
John Simon

Postby John Simon » Mon 01 Jun, 2009 08:57

The Pool Guy wrote:Anybody in this area happen to own one of their pools ? I can give advice and info. on "The good-bad-and the ugly" Please reply...Thanks.

I have a Sun Holiday 16' x 32' with hopper bottom (6" deep)installed in 1989. Still has the original liner and has been used every year since install. Except for replacing carpet it has held up very well. The liner holder around the top of the pool is plastic and needs replaced due to warpage. I noticed that later models of the pools used an aluminum extrusion instead of plastic. I am looking for a place to purchase this and the cost. Would also like a price on replacing of the liner. I would perform the install myself. Thanks
Dan shepherd

Postby Dan shepherd » Mon 13 Jul, 2009 08:12

I am in need of a liner eplacement have a Sun Holiday Pool 16x24 4'x 5' deep end purchase in 1989 liner was replace one time by a sun Hoilday Store on Rome Hilliard rd who turned out not to be a dealer.
misspattib

Postby misspattib » Fri 24 Jul, 2009 13:52

I need a picture of a completed sun holiday pool. I purchased one disassembled. I am rehabbing it and recently learned that the previous owners removed the railing (sawed it off level to the deck). Do you know where i can get a schematic for a sun holiday 16x24x4 pool and or pictures?

Postby Guest » Thu 06 Aug, 2009 10:24

For anyone looking to buy a replacement liner, I can highly recommend Specialty Pool Products. You can save some $$ by buying form their EBay store at http://myworld.ebay.com/poolproducts.com/. Not affiliated with the company in any way.

I have a 20'x40'x48" Sun Holiday on-ground pool that I turned into an in-ground pool and dug out an extra 12". I bought a custom liner for the newly dug out pool from SPP via their EBay page for under $900 (including shipping!) using an EBay coupon I had.

Thanks.
jverhovec

Postby jverhovec » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 19:55

Where can I find some original coping for a sun holiday pool
deborahd

Postby deborahd » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:33

I have been installing pool liners for 21 years, dont be fooled into buying a special liner for Sun Holiday Pools, any rectangle liner will fit great and last years if installed correctly, the corner grabbers are hard to find but I have a few sets. As for the bead reciever the plastic is obsolete, aluminum can be purchased out east at pool store, quite pricey.
Brock829

Postby Brock829 » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 15:38

Anyone know if Sun Holiday Pools used 1/2 or 3/4 in plywood?

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 17:15

The pool liner grabbers and liner installation can be purchased at The Pool Man, Inc. on E. Main St. in Columbus.

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 17:20

Sun Holiday pools used a 3/4 CDX treated Plywood with an aluminum overlay until 1989. They used a 5/8" treated MDO with painted outside after that. I do not know when or if they changed from MDO sometime later. Measure the Thickness of the existing panel to be sure if you do not know the year it was constructed.

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 17:43

If anyone is looking for a replacement liner to fit a 12 x 20, 12 x 24, 16 x 24 or 16 x 32 four foot deep liner for one of these pools, I can highly recommend Americas Best Pool Suppy. You can Save a lot of money and have it shipped to your door, buying from them. They are not affiliated with Sun Holiday Pools in any way, but know their pool.
A Private Oasis Pools

Postby A Private Oasis Pools » Tue 07 Dec, 2010 09:02

Sun Holiday pools have a reoccurring problem of the liner coming out of track in the corners.I have a solution for this call A Private Oasis pools for more info

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”