Sun Holiday Pools/Columbus Ohio area

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Brock829

Postby Brock829 » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 15:38

Anyone know if Sun Holiday Pools used 1/2 or 3/4 in plywood?

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 17:15

The pool liner grabbers and liner installation can be purchased at The Pool Man, Inc. on E. Main St. in Columbus.

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 17:20

Sun Holiday pools used a 3/4 CDX treated Plywood with an aluminum overlay until 1989. They used a 5/8" treated MDO with painted outside after that. I do not know when or if they changed from MDO sometime later. Measure the Thickness of the existing panel to be sure if you do not know the year it was constructed.

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 17:43

If anyone is looking for a replacement liner to fit a 12 x 20, 12 x 24, 16 x 24 or 16 x 32 four foot deep liner for one of these pools, I can highly recommend Americas Best Pool Suppy. You can Save a lot of money and have it shipped to your door, buying from them. They are not affiliated with Sun Holiday Pools in any way, but know their pool.
A Private Oasis Pools

Postby A Private Oasis Pools » Tue 07 Dec, 2010 09:02

Sun Holiday pools have a reoccurring problem of the liner coming out of track in the corners.I have a solution for this call A Private Oasis pools for more info
dalehileman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 15 x 40 ft inground fiberglass

Postby dalehileman » Tue 07 Dec, 2010 11:53

Judging from recent reactions in nearby threads you might wish instead to fill it with dirt then plant tomatoes
chas

Postby chas » Sat 02 Apr, 2011 07:18

we own 1 and are trying to find liner and someone to install....any HELP would be appreciated

Postby Guest » Sat 02 Apr, 2011 13:36

Dan shepherd wrote:
The Pool Guy wrote:Anybody in this area happen to own one of their pools ? I can give advice and info. on "The good-bad-and the ugly" Please reply...Thanks.

I am in need of a liner eplacement have a Sun Holiday Pool 16x24 4'x 5' deep end purchase in 1989 liner was replace one time by a sun Hoilday Store on Rome Hilliard rd who turned out not to be a dealer.

chas wrote:we own 1 and are trying to find liner and someone to install....any HELP would be appreciated

If you find some one let me know too I will keep looking also
misspattib

Postby misspattib » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 21:59

What pool store out east can I purchase coping from.
WHERE CAN I GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CHANGE THE LINER? I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THE LINER.

Postby WHERE CAN I GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CHANGE THE LINER? I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THE LINER. » Wed 25 May, 2011 09:23

deborahd wrote:I have been installing pool liners for 21 years, dont be fooled into buying a special liner for Sun Holiday Pools, any rectangle liner will fit great and last years if installed correctly, the corner grabbers are hard to find but I have a few sets. As for the bead reciever the plastic is obsolete, aluminum can be purchased out east at pool store, quite pricey.

[code][/code]
misspattib

Postby misspattib » Fri 10 Jun, 2011 13:41

what pool store out east can I purchase coping from and where can I purchase corner grabbers for a Sun Holiday Pool?
Patti
misspattib

Postby misspattib » Fri 10 Jun, 2011 14:00

are you still available for sun holiday pool questions advice?
patti
llouvw

Postby llouvw » Fri 17 Jun, 2011 14:07

Owner of a Sun Holiday Pool, and the plastic corners are all broken. They say Sun Holiday on them. I have been to every pool company listed. Where can you find the corners?

Postby Guest » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 18:21

John Simon wrote:
The Pool Guy wrote:Anybody in this area happen to own one of their pools ? I can give advice and info. on "The good-bad-and the ugly" Please reply...Thanks.

I have a Sun Holiday 16' x 32' with hopper bottom (6" deep)installed in 1989. Still has the original liner and has been used every year since install. Except for replacing carpet it has held up very well. The liner holder around the top of the pool is plastic and needs replaced due to warpage. I noticed that later models of the pools used an aluminum extrusion instead of plastic. I am looking for a place to purchase this and the cost. Would also like a price on replacing of the liner. I would perform the install myself. Thanks
larbow

Postby larbow » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 18:36

I have a 16x32 sun holiday pool with two 8' decks, one on the side and one on the end. It needs a new liner as the old one had black alge on the liner. The alge came from someone that had been in the ocean and did not wash their swim suit. and it is almost impossable to get rid of, I used 5 bottles @ $28.00 a bottle and still did not get rid of it. The liner had stretch holes on one end, so I cut it up and put the liner in the trash. It was twenty two years old. A new liner is $695.00 from Sun Holiday on the corner of E. main St. and Link Road East of Reynoldsburd, Ohio.
Pool User wrote:
John Simon wrote:

I have a Sun Holiday 16' x 32' with hopper bottom (6" deep)installed in 1989. Still has the original liner and has been used every year since install. Except for replacing carpet it has held up very well. The liner holder around the top of the pool is plastic and needs replaced due to warpage. I noticed that later models of the pools used an aluminum extrusion instead of plastic. I am looking for a place to purchase this and the cost. Would also like a price on replacing of the liner. I would perform the install myself. Thanks

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”