Definately need a liner

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
JuaReeKei
I'm new here
I'm new here

Definately need a liner

Postby JuaReeKei » Sun 24 Feb, 2008 17:55

We just recently purchased a home. It is an above ground pool. I know it needs a liner. There is nothing but the foundation of the pool left and it seems to be sound. How do I find out the brand of the pool? What type of liner do you suggest I need to buy? What type of filter? What type of pump? I have never owned a pool.My husband and I figured we would try to repair it before we just scrap it. Im open to any and all suggestions. . . . Please help, thanks. :D

Litoq

Postby Litoq » Wed 27 Feb, 2008 11:56

First you should find out what size is the pool (whether it is an 18', 27', etc.) then you can determine which liner to buy. Does it have a deep end and/or is it round or oval? There are overlap liners, jbead liners, etc. Those are the type of things you need to know. IMO, brand of the pool is not so important unless you think there are warranty issues. Many companies sell pool kits but the parts are provided by different companies. Perhaps finding out where it was bought would be more important.
As far as finding out what kind of pump or filter to use, that's really up to you and depends again on the size of the pool. There are sand filters, DE filters, and cartridge filters. Just make sure the equipment can handle your size of pool. My suggestion would be to check out the online stores to find out what kind/type of equipment these companies normally pair with your pool size.
Hope this helps and good luck.
Litoq

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”