Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
MBray
I'm new here
I'm new here

Standing water around inground pool

Postby MBray » Fri 14 Mar, 2008 19:28

Hi all. Just happened on the site today. Have been battling this problem for 3 years now, ever since we had our inground pool built. (Worst nightmare of our lives.)

On the far end of our pool - toward the alley of our yard and fence line, we always have standing water. The water is also on the opposite side of the fence and the alley and drive way. The water has been there for so long that the 'marsh' we have has turned the driveway into a wetland. We thought it was the spout they put in for the excess water, so we rerouted that... (They had it coming straight up from the ground, not out level into the ground.)

I've had the city come out thinking we had a water leak. I've had the pool people come out thinking we had a leak. I've had independent plumbers and water leak companies come out for their advice.

Does anyone have this problem or can they suggest anything else that we might have thought of/done? My husband thinks we are the drainage yard from our neighbors. I don't think that's the issue. We aren't on a slope and there aren't any other of our neighbors that have a marsh or wet areas like we do.

HELP!!!

Thank you!!!

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Fri 14 Mar, 2008 22:03

You may just have a drainage issue in your yard being caused by the installation of the pool. Do you live in a low lying area or in an area that gets large amounts of rainfall? The pool may be blocking areas where water naturally drained from your yard.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”