Pentair Intelliflo Pump Variable speed Model 3050

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
CTH

Pentair Intelliflo Pump Variable speed Model 3050

Postby CTH » Sat 22 Mar, 2008 14:42

I have been investigating a Pentair Intelliflo pump as a way to reduce power consumption. I have read the hype on the web and the Brochure, What I am looking for is someone who has experienced this pump and does it do what Pentair indicates? Also I have been told I need an external controller. The brochure does not support this indication. ??
For those desiring a quiet pump this unit is touted as very quite ( runs at lower speed) but there is a cost $1179 to $1299.

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sun 23 Mar, 2008 08:00

I have one client in Washington DC that uses an intelliflo pump and they love it. Most pool pumps can consume as much energy as a home heat pump. I specifically asked my client about power consumption and they are extremely happy. They were able to set up their pool equipment to have its own electric meter and they told me they saved about 40% over the previous year. The pump is very quiet. I have heard this for myself (or not heard it!). Also you do not need an external controller.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sun 23 Mar, 2008 12:57

I have the Intelliflo variable-speed pump that has a flow meter built-in so you program it by flow rate (I also have the IntelliTouch control system with it). It is saving me around 50% in energy costs, but this is because I used it to replace both a 1 HP main circulation pump and a 3/4 HP booster pump for a pool cleaner. I now use a valve to a dedicated line for the pool cleaner and set the Intelliflo to 15 GPM when using The Pool Cleaner. My annual energy bill (for the pumps) used to be around $1400 per year and now it's closer to $600. I live in California where the energy rate at my tier is around 32 cents per kilowatt-hour.

I would be saving even more, perhaps closer to 80%, were it not for my solar system. When the solar is on, it needs a certain flow rate for efficiency and that is a higher pump speed so is not as energy efficient. Though there is some savings even when solar is running (10-20%), the biggest savings is when the solar is not running (80%).

Richard

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”