swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
highlt
I'm new here
I'm new here

Plumbing opinion for new pool

Postby highlt » Sun 23 Mar, 2008 00:00

Hi Guys-

After doing some extensive research for the best way to plumb a 20x48 vinyl lined pool with an average depth of 5.75 ft. I have come up with one of the following two options. I'm ready to sign a contract but want to confirm I have my plumbing optimized. Any comments appreciated?

Option 1

1. 4 returns plumbed on seperate lines with ball valves on each line
2. 2 skimmers plumbed on seperate lines with ball valves on each skimmer
3. 2 drains on the same line tee'ed with a ball valve
4. Hayward S370T2 filter
5. Hayward Northstar 1.5 HP pump
6. Everything is plumbed in 2 inch pipe

Option 2
Same as above except the underground pipes are 1.5 inch and all run into 2 inch manifold so all lines coming from 2 inch manifold go to 2 inch connectors on pump and filter.

One of the pool builders is concerned I will not have enough suction for pool cleaner if I use 2 inch underground. I don't understand why this would be an issue and would prefer to do 2 inch for everything. Any suggestions.

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sun 23 Mar, 2008 08:18

Sounds good with option 1. Suction shouldn't be a problem because you have ball valves on suction lines which means you can control the amount of suction from skimmers and main drains. What kind of cleaner will you be using?

Postby Guest » Mon 24 Mar, 2008 13:10

I'm thinking about using an Aquabot T2 for the cleaner. Any suggestions on a cleaner?
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Wed 26 Mar, 2008 17:50

As I dont see any dedicated plumbing lines for a cleaner- a Polaris is out of the question. I personally prefer Polaris auto cleaners although I have heard good things about Aquabots and Dolphins.
bcdf
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool without main drain

Postby bcdf » Mon 07 Apr, 2008 11:49

After doing some research, we have decided to install our fiberglass pool without any main drains. We are installing a 40 X 16 rectangular pool. One skimmer is already installed at the factory. Our question is how many returns should we install?

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”