QUIET pool pumps?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
johnkloosphx

QUIET pool pumps?

Postby johnkloosphx » Wed 29 Sep, 2010 15:45

I just bought a brand new Pentair CCP420 pump / filter combination. It came with a 1.5 "whisperflo" pump. It was much louder than my old unit so I prevailed upon the contractor to swap out the pump with a Pentair 1.5 "Challenger" model. What a huge difference! I don't have any fancy sound measuring devices but I swear the decibles weht down by 40%.

The "Challenger" is the same type of pump I had installed previously. It was made by "American" before Pentair bought them out. It had been installed for 14 years and was still running as quietly as the day I got it.

Bottomline. Pentair's Challenger is very quiet.

wjbeeby

pool sound reduction product

Postby wjbeeby » Tue 12 Jul, 2011 14:20

Pool User wrote:Hello,

I have a new product (patent pending) that is the solution to your noise problem. It will reduce noise by 75-90%

I can be contacted at lteisseyre(at)premierinnov(dot)com and I will email you a brochure.

Regards,

LGT

please send me the info 1415 south renaud grosse pointe michigan 48236 thanks Bill
TSH Tech

QUIET pool pumps?

Postby TSH Tech » Tue 12 Jul, 2011 20:04

Wow? Old post from 2005.

The new variable speed pumps by Hayward and Pentair with the LCD info displays are quiet on low speed. I've personally heard both pumps, programmed down to 600 thru 900 RPM for normal low speed filtering cycle that are just ridiculously quiet. A typical portable blade house-fan is much noisier in contrast.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”