Which above ground pool should we purchase

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
angel nanee
I'm new here
I'm new here

Which above ground pool should we purchase

Postby angel nanee » Wed 26 Apr, 2006 19:45

We are new to purchasing an above ground pool.
We met with a kayak rep.
Is there anything else out there that can match the kayak's features but less costly.
Which above ground pools to you feel are the best.
Thanks so much!

zzsladies

artesian pool

Postby zzsladies » Fri 28 Apr, 2006 17:24

we bought an Artesian pool last year from the chattnooga Tn store. we love our pool! we have had no problems with it and it has been easy to upkeep. the dealer - The Pool Place - has been wonderful. they have been so helpful, and they have always answered our phone calls promptly and quickly.
we also got our chemicals there, including Proteam Supreme, and the Nature 2 chlorinator / ionizer. it has been easy to maintain, and so far we have had no problems.
i would really recommend an ARTESIAN brand pool and they have several stores throughout the South.
hope this helps.
zz
DEPET

Which Pool to buy?

Postby DEPET » Tue 23 May, 2006 13:07

I have to concur with zzsladies...Artesian is a good pool...I bought one over the internet from a discount pool supplier, but I have the know how, equipment and experience to set up and maintain a pool. If you don't have the experience of doing it yourself, go to a local pool supplier and deal with them. It will save you a lot of grief in the long run. If a local supplier has Artesian take a look at it, I would buy another one.

Postby Guest » Mon 07 May, 2007 07:42

Yep go with a local supplier I shopped around and my local dealer gave me a discount and installed it,so if there is any fault they are under obligation to fix (don't even think about building it yourself)
Regards D/B

Postby Guest » Thu 17 May, 2007 13:58

Search "Kayak" on consumer sites.

I was searching for an answer on another brand pool and stumbled onto a site littered with problems with Kayak pools and Kayaks unwillingness to honor warranties, bankruptcy, etc.

I know a few hits on a consumer discussion board aren't an indictment but it pays to do some consumer reporting of your own.

Good luck!

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”