cover and 300 ibs of rotten leaves on bottom of pool

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
gerry

cover and 300 ibs of rotten leaves on bottom of pool

Postby gerry » Tue 08 Apr, 2008 15:58

For some unknown reason at this point in time, our cover fell to the bottom of our in ground pool over the winter and it is a mess. Also the heavy items hubby put on the cover fell in also. The cover is a loss so we can cut it up to remove it unless someone has a better idea. We are at a loss as to how to get out the hundreds of pounds of dead leaves and other debris off the bottom of the pool once we remove the cover.

Any equipement we can rent to pick up all these rotten leaves? Any other idea's. We don;t believe our automatic pool cleaner or vacuum will be able to handle this job. Our pool guy suggested we should empty the pool and use this time to clean it well and maybe replaster but we are looking for a less expensive solution. When we filled the pool 12 years ago it cost $900.00 for the water.

We need help!!!!!!!

Gerry In Pennsylvania

rajivroy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: cover and 300 ibs of rotten leaves on bottom of pool

Postby rajivroy » Sat 12 Apr, 2008 19:10

Gerry,

I had a similar problem. net on pool. several oak trees dumping leaves on net. net collapses. Leaves at bottom of pool. Been there.

here is what I did. Bought a $24 leaf gulper vacuum. Connects to water hose. Pulled out several bags of leaves. Dragged my two teenage boys to help and take turns. Within 3 to 4 hrs we nailed it.

Now ofcourse last couple of months leaves keep falling in. $24 vacuum still works. Still have to get my boys in a neck lock and make them do it. LOL.

Good luck!

gerry wrote:For some unknown reason at this point in time, our cover fell to the bottom of our in ground pool over the winter and it is a mess. Also the heavy items hubby put on the cover fell in also. The cover is a loss so we can cut it up to remove it unless someone has a better idea. We are at a loss as to how to get out the hundreds of pounds of dead leaves and other debris off the bottom of the pool once we remove the cover.

Any equipement we can rent to pick up all these rotten leaves? Any other idea's. We don;t believe our automatic pool cleaner or vacuum will be able to handle this job. Our pool guy suggested we should empty the pool and use this time to clean it well and maybe replaster but we are looking for a less expensive solution. When we filled the pool 12 years ago it cost $900.00 for the water.

We need help!!!!!!!

Gerry In Pennsylvania

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”