Low pressure on sand filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
wlljr66

Low pressure on sand filter

Postby wlljr66 » Thu 17 Apr, 2008 22:40

My filter pressure has been running a little over 20 since I have owned the house/pool (5 years). I just cleaned out the baskets (filled with mesquite leaves and branches) and turned on the pumps (I have a primary and a booster pump with an in-ground cleaning system) and noticed that the pressure on the gauge was now running around 5. I cleaned out the pump baskets, lubed the o-rings, no change. I backwashed it twice, and a little improvement, maybe to 7, but no higher. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? The pressure to the in ground cleaning system and suction seems to be fine.

Thanks!

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Fri 18 Apr, 2008 14:24

My filter pressure has been running a little over 20 since I have owned the house/pool (5 years). I just cleaned out the baskets (filled with mesquite leaves and branches) and turned on the pumps (I have a primary and a booster pump with an in-ground cleaning system) and noticed that the pressure on the gauge was now running around 5. I cleaned out the pump baskets, lubed the o-rings, no change. I backwashed it twice, and a little improvement, maybe to 7, but no higher. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? The pressure to the in ground cleaning system and suction seems to be fine.

check your impeller & see if it's clogged with debris which will cause pressure to be low.
you remove pump basket & take finger/small screw-driver & put it in small hole at bottom & turn impeller. If there is anything you will feel or be able to pull it out.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”