Infloor cleaning systems and Ozone generators

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
KFW
I'm new here
I'm new here

Infloor cleaning systems and Ozone generators

Postby KFW » Mon 21 Apr, 2008 21:26

I am in the process of building a pool and my sales person is recommending a caretaker 99 at $2800 and an ozone generator at $600. This is my first pool so don’t know if I need either of them, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith from Arizona

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Tue 22 Apr, 2008 06:45

Well the caretakers help to push dust and debris that settle on the bottom of the pooll towards the main drain. The idea is the main drain will suck it up and filter it out. Just a word of warning . I've seen these go bad fairly quickly and if they are damaged it is virtually impossible to fix due to their location(under the pool). I've also seen a few that have held up for 10 years. It's hit or miss. You still need to vacuum so I really wouldn't recommend- are you installing a automatic pool cleaner such as a robot or a polaris? I also wouldnt recommend the ozonator. Even using ozone you still need to use chlorine.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience

Postby Guest » Tue 22 Apr, 2008 13:13

Thanks for the info. I was told that the caretaker comes with a life time warranty and that no matter what the problem was it would be taken care of at no cost to me, I guess I’m more concerned about the performance.

As far as the Ozone generator I was told I would still need to use chlorine but that it would greatly cut down the amount that I use, and would also eliminate the red eye and odor problem associated with chlorine.

Thanks,
Keith

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”