PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
greyme
I'm new here
I'm new here

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Postby greyme » Fri 28 Apr, 2006 22:45

I am not sure where to start, the lady i rent from has a pool. I am actually living in the "pool house" right behind it. She left in october and didn't cover the pool, after all the previous summer the pool was green, finally a week before she left it was beautiful. The back yard has about 100 trees so you can imagine what it looks like. You can't see th bottom, and it's full of leaves. I have removed the dead squirrels, but now I am scooping leaves everyday, and not really getting anywhere. I have never had a pool before, and she is counting on me to help with the pool. Its April and already 90 degrees(in SC), and a pool you can swim in would be great!! Also, the pool is attracting misquitos horribly!@ Please someone tell me where to start I AM DESPERATE!!!!!
i can be reached at amymedaly@bellsouth.net.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

wongo

Boggy pool

Postby wongo » Sat 29 Apr, 2006 05:05

You need to chlorinate the pool to kill off the algea and get the water clear.

Get hold of a test kit or take a water sample to your local pool store. You should aim to get a pH of 7.2-7.4 for opening. Shock chlorinate the pool and run the filter 24/7.

Vacuum, backwash, chlorinate, repeat until clear.

The mosquitoes will die off within a day or two.
new2pools

leaves

Postby new2pools » Sun 30 Apr, 2006 22:50

We had a very large amount of leaves in our pool also. I bought large fishing nets, & duct taped to the end of our pole to scoop at first. After days of scooping, we were getting only a couple of leaves in it. I then used a leaf net to get the finer pieces out. It is VERY tiring & time consuming, but if you are determined, as I was, you can do it.. I was told by pool dealer to make sure ALL leaves were out of pool before shocking. By the way, We used a tub to dump the leaves in & when it was full we would take it to the back of our property, so leaves wouldn't blow back when they dried. Hope this helps!!

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”